Recommended Power inserters or workaround using dual C/KU feedhorn??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Achebee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Honduras
I am wondering if any of you can recommend a decent power inserter to provide 18v to both legs on a Chapparal Bullseye 2 feedhorn???
Or have you found that your receiver handles both legs at 18v with one not dropping to 13v?? I heard some receivers did not have that problem, or that it at least did not affect performance that much.. and I heard others talking that they are using as is without problems but I think it would be best to keep it all at 18v for top performance and not worrying about burning up expensive lnb's
I see power inserters on the marketplace, but I'm sure some of them are crap and others not.
I would appreciate any hands on info, or perhaps other suggestions, workarounds or drawings on a reliable way getting 18v at all 4 lnb's on the Bullseye 2 Feedhorn
thanks, HB

Stogie sent me this link to the discussion here... Sorry I added a thread that was already covered. I was searching but not with the correct info..For anyone else looking for this info, here are the links to the threads below that Stogie sent me... Over n out, HB

Good link from Anole

While I prefer the two threads above, here is one more converting a regular multiswitch to a powered one.
Naughty Mods III: 6x8 Switch with Power Insertion

Thanks for the link Amigo, that is another good idea... All of this is right on the head with the nail !!
It will take me another 10 years to get to the point you guys are at with "knowledge" but man, a little at a time... that's what it's all about..!! HB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)