Reconnecting 2nd TV

naccoachbob

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Nacogdoches, Tx
I originally had 2 tv's and 1-622 receiver. The 2nd tv went away to college.
Now we have a 2nd tv, and we'd like to connect things as they were previously.
If I remember right, a cable goes from the 622 to the 2nd tv, and a UHF remote (Remote 2) is used to control it.
I'm using the original cabling, the only thing that's really changed has been the 2nd tv.
The only thing showing on the 2nd tv is the Discovery Health Channel. I can't get any other channel to come up. It does show up on channel 60. I found the Remote 2 and put in fresh batteries, but it doesn't seem to help. All equipment is in about the same location as before. Same rooms, almost in the exact same spots.
What could I be doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for any help.

The old tv tuned to channel 60 also.
I had the receiver in single mode and got the same channel on both tv's as normal. Then switched to dual mode. The 2nd tv changed to Discovery Health.

Last edited:
is your receiver in cable mode or air and does your TV matching same mode well?

Did you read the original post at all?:rolleyes: TV2 is getting a picture but he can't change the channel on the receiver.

To the OP...First make sure the UHF antenna is still in place on the back of your receiver. Now take the #1 (green) remote, point it at your receiver and press menu twice (this will take you to the system info screen). Now press the record button on the #2 (blue) remote. This will sync the receiver and the remote to the same address. If that doesn't work you have a hardware problem. Also make sure the remote is in sat mode (white button at the top).:up

Not that it matters, but if you are getting a picture on channel 60 your receiver and tv are both in air mode, not cable.

A quick test of the blue #2 remote is to stand right by the receiver with it and press the power button while in SAT mode. You should see the blue light on the receiver toggle off and on. If the blue light isn't changing, then you need to get the blue remote synced up to the receiver using Scott's instructions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts