Record Programs

Carl987

Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
East Coast
I have Dish Network with DVR. Model # is VIP622DVR. I would like to Record a program, for later use,which I could keep. Prior To getting Dish,I would record to a disk. Is there any way to do this with a DVR. Thank You

Move the recorded show over to an external hard drive or use a DVD burner and record it as it plays back. If using a external hard drive you can only play it back on the dish receiver. It won't work on a computer.

If you want an HD copy you will have to use something like the Hauppage HD PVR HD PVR Product overview
This will let you record the component output of your 622 to your computer hard drive where you can do with it as you wish.

If you want to just keep the program a long time you can go the USB external hard drive option from Dish. For a one time $40 fee they will turn the feature on all the VIP DVRs in the house to allow you to save programs over to an external USB drive that you buy separate. You can have as many drives as you want, but all the programs you save to them can only be viewed on your Dishnetwork DVR. If you turn off Dish service, your saved copies will be lost (they are encrypted on the hard drive and only Dish DVRs have the decryption key).

Setup External Hard Drive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts