Record SD channel or HD channel for SD Programming?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaybertx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
Ok, I just got my HR10-250 yesterday and I want to maximize space without upgrading. :)

Since the unit will do "30 hours of HD" or "200 hours of SD" is it better to record SD content from the SD channel or will it make a difference?

Take the "2005 World Series of Poker" for instance. Will I maximize space by recording it from channel 206 as opposed to channel 73?

Thanks!

jaybertx said:
Take the "2005 World Series of Poker" for instance. Will I maximize space by recording it from channel 206 as opposed to channel 73?

Yes.

Ditto on the yes, although sometimes I have gotten slightly better resolution by recording off the digital broadcast channel, and then setting the output resolution of the box for 480i for a DVD recorder, then deleting the recording. For something like poker it would be a waste, but works for movies or specials you may want to save.

If your only criteria is disk space, always choose the SD channel.

Thanks for the input guys. The question never really crossed my mind until I started setting up my season passes. No sense wasting space just to have ESPN borders on everything. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts