Recorded shows are part of show and then the part of another show

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mrhoni

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
I've been running into this, where I start to watch a recording and its the last part of the show and then whatever was scheduled next is what seems to be recorded as well to fill up the recorded time. Often the these problem recordings will also just quit as if I had finished watching to the end, but really it was only a short amount of minutes. The recent shows that I was trying to watch were ABC.

Its possible that what I'm seeing is the recording started for another show, 3 minutes early and then only recording for the length of time of what show should have been recorded.

For example. The record says for Dr Ken, the recording is 30 minutes long. I see the last minutes of Dr Ken and then Shark Tank starts, but not the entire show was recorded, just to fill up the rest of the 30 minutes.

Another example is Modern Family. The first part of the show was missing but then ran for about 20 minutes and then Blackish started for the final 10 minutes. Again and ABC show. As I was writing this, what happened and has happen is as Blackish started, it quit as if it was and the end. I went to play and resume and then it continued without quitting. I had pulled this episode out of the trash.

Another example is Notorious, also ABC. I had a bunch of episodes recorded and ran into this issue. I just pulled several episodes out of the trash, the ones I thought had a problem and now they seem to play ok.

Recordings are based on the time so if the recording is from 12:00PM-12:30PM, it will record whatever is shown during that time, that's why it's wise to record with a earlier start time and a later end time to make sure you get everything.

Recordings are based on the time so if the recording is from 12:00PM-12:30PM, it will record whatever is shown during that time, that's why it's wise to record with a earlier start time and a later end time to make sure you get everything.
That's what we did on Sunday for CBS shows "Madam Secretary" and "Elementary," which would start and run late because of NFL games. We extended "Madam Secretary" to a 3-hour slot and the same with "Elementary." As a result, we got them all, but they overlapped on recordings.

Not the case in this situation. Well aware of when games etc. run over. This is clearly a problem with how PTAT gets "saved" on ABC after the set window.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts