Recording a show from Hopper to flashdrive

flyingduck2022

Original poster
Sep 27, 2022
Hemet, California
I need to record a show that is being watched to a flashdrive from my hopper. I am not quite sure how to do it. Do I just plug in a flashdrive into the usb connector on the back and follow the on screen prompts or is there another way.
Thanks in advance.

Not possible. USB ports are for external drives, OTA tuner, or the H+ but the programs must be played through the Hopper either directly or via Dish Anywhere. I do not think the Hopper will accept a flashdrive as an external storage device anyway. External drives are heavily enchrypted. It is a violation of federal law to break the encryption.

If you have a DVD recorder with component or composite inputs you can play the program and record it in realtime to a DVD but resolution will be reduced to standard definition.

Another possibility is to attach a Hauppauge PVR 1212 to your Hopper and play the program to the PVR 1212 which will output it usb to your PC as a transport stream (.ts file).

I have a Sony dvd burner that I use to transfer taped movies to DVD. It also has a componant port. Could I use a cable with usb on one end and a video/left-right audo rca connectors by plugging the usb into the hopper and the three rca jacks into the DVD burner?

Do I just plug in a flashdrive into the usb connector on the back and follow the on screen prompts or is there another way.
Yes you can do that, but there is a MINIMUM EHD drive size (which minimum I do not remember) which must be exceeded before this will work. Once you have a big enough flash drive, plug it in, let the Hopper format it, and voila. Thereafter, you can move recordings to the flash drive. Note that it's not a copy, but rather a move.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes you can do that, but there is a MINIMUM EHD drive size (which minimum I do not remember) which must be exceeded before this will work. Once you have a big enough flash drive, plug it in, let the Hopper format it, and voila. Thereafter, you can move recordings to the flash drive. Note that it's not a copy, but rather a move.
And it is important to note that any recording must be played on the Dish receivers that are under your specific account. You can't bring it to your neighbor's house and play it there.

I have a Sony dvd burner that I use to transfer taped movies to DVD. It also has a componant port. Could I use a cable with usb on one end and a video/left-right audo rca connectors by plugging the usb into the hopper and the three rca jacks into the DVD burner?
Hopper does NOT output video through the USB port (except to Hopper+), use component to component video cables and plug into the component outs on the Hopper (be sure to use the Red/White RCA stereo audio plugs too).
Anything recorded to and external drive is keyed to your account ONLY - and it must be a Hopper/Vip722/Vip612 or similar receiver on your account to play these videos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)