This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

recording all upcomming episodes

rodlloyd

Original poster
Jul 6, 2004
I just got my system install - cool. I have used TIVO in the past. My question is how do I set it to record ALL upcomming episodes and not just weekly, daily or M-F

what is the diferance between DVR setting and AUTO

Dish's DVR's at the moment are more like VCR's in that they're set to record a particular time slot. Tivo uses a name based system which records a show by name no matter what time it's on. What you are specifically refering to is Season Pass which will record an entire season of a particular show.

Dish will be adding these features (NBR) later this year....so they say.

rodlloyd said:
But what is the diferance between DVR setting and AUTO
Read you instruction manual or ask your installer/seller. Auto is autotune it changes the channel automatically but dosen't record. DVR records the program. If you want to record a program with multiple episodes, use search then program each episode into the timers. Pain in the butt method but the closest that DISH comes to a TiVo "WISHLIST/SEASON PASS".

Yeah all the buzz here on the dish forum says this fall so maybe we're getting closer.

Bob

stratguy said:
Yeah all the buzz here on the dish forum says this fall so maybe we're getting closer.

Bob

Yeah..... and three months ago they said by summer....