Recording and info don't match

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Eastern OR

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
Has anyone had this scenario happen recently?(Since 232 happened)?

522 records a show correctly at the correct time and with the correct before and after buffer but assigns an entirely random show title and information description in the list of recorded shows after recording is done.

For example:

A recording of Beverly Hillbillies is correctly recorded but listed as Dr. Phil with description for a recent Dr. Phil episode(happened twice today)

A recording of Rockford Files is correctly recorded but listed as Dr. Phil with description for a different Dr. Phil episode(once today)

A recording of Charmed correctly recorded but labeled as Guiding light with a description of guiding light.

Weird Huh? Maybe some type of Dr. Phil conspiracy?

cheers,
Eastern

I was going to ask this exact same question as I noticed in my Daily Schedule I all of a sudden was to record Cold Case (no Cold Case timers existed at all) instead of the Airline it was supposed to record. After reviewing the subsequent recording it was indeed Airline.... I will change over all my timers but this is ridiculous! :(

--DD73

JFS7931 said:
You might want to change over all your exsisting timers to name based ones.
All of our timers are already name based timers. We have no timers left from before 232. Other thoughts gang?
It's now recording ncis but tells us in the DVR events screen that it is Guiding Light.--all very confusing.

cheers,
eastern

Fortunately I've only seen this happen once - on the first day we got 232 (with an old timer). I was braced to see this as a recurring problem, but everything since has had the correct title (most timers made NBR, plus a couple old timers left alone). Not sure what to tell you.

JFS7931 said:
You might want to change over all your exsisting timers to name based ones.
As I understand it, all timers are now named based (except for maybe manual timers) even existing timers created before the update.

Since timers will automatically adjust to changes in the guide, they have to be name based. The only way I see to create a time-based timer is to create it manually.

What I don't understand is, when you create a timer (by selecting a program from the guide) and select the Once option, it still searches for all occurrences. My wife did this for a program that started at 7:00 PM but it skipped the 7:00 showing and set a timer for a re-broadcast of the same program at 10:00 PM. I guess it really did only set to record the program "Once" but I though it would record the event at the time highlighted in the guide. :confused: The funny thing is there wasn't even a conflict at 7:00 PM. I went into the schedule and restored the 7:00 PM timer and skipped the 10:00 PM timer.

As Elmer Fud says, "There's somthing screwy going on here." :confused: :confused:

In the list of recorded DVR events (not the TIMERS list), it should have the actual name of the DVR event recorded, even if a NBR timer recorded it.

Original forum person says "Dr. Phil" on the event list, but Beverly Hillbillies is really what was recorded.

The DVR events should not be picking up the NBR timer since you can do PARTIAL names in the NBR, list "Billies".

This has happened to me 4 or 5 times now, and I view it as a bug also.

I think, but am guessing here, that the DVR event name is picked out of the stream at the wrong time. Let say "Show1" is now playing and "Show2" is right after it and a few commercials. I've noticed that my banner won't switch over to "Show2" until "Show2" is actually started (which is sometimes a minute after the guide time says, like 7:31 instead of 7:30. So if the stream pickup is right before like at 7:30, then you would get the previous show's name (Show1). It also may have something to do with the before and after delay timers. I usually set mine at 0 and it seems to help.

I too am seeing this problem. My unit worked fine for about two weeks and then 2 days ago starting hitting this bug. Each day since then, the problem has gotten worse. Since the problem seems to get worse over time, I'm hoping that a reboot will clean up the issue for another two weeks. I just performed the reboot, so I will let you know tomorrow if it fixes the problem.

I have had similar problems. I switched ALL timers to NBR when I got the update, and every so often I will have recordings for shows I didn't set to record. Not even close - not the channels I watch, not the times I usually watch shows - just random!

There were no existing timers when I received the unit either.

Another problem I had a few days ago was the box recording everything OK, but the TITLES in the DVR menu were all the same show ("Sesame Street"). If you pulled up the show info, it diplayed the correct title and info, but the title in the DVR menu still showed "Sesame Street". All of them. For the entire day. It reset after that night's update.

Now, this is similar the problem I had 2-3 weeks ago.... my wife left the unit in pause in the afternoon, and all of the subsequent programs that recorded were named "Dragon Tales".

If I had to guess, I'd say it has to do with multiple lists of the same information in the 522. I have deduced that there are 2 copies of the program guide (one for diplaying in the guide, the other for logic decisions in the NBR) and 2 lists of available playbacks (again for the NBR functions). I think the problems may be caused when a glitch or failed update corrupts one of these lists.

Just my $.02

Wally

Yes, I get that too. I'm also getting more than my fair share of the 'Error 599'.

Here's one I haven't seen reported. If I set up a 'all episodes' timer for a program, it will use an incorrect end time, usually a half hour or hour past the end time in the on screen guide. Deleting and recreating the timer doesn't help. But if I create a Dish Pass, it will use the correct time. I've only noticed this for shows on the speed channel and discovery channel. All the others seem to work the way they're supposed to.

Steve Costa

LarryH said:
I too am seeing this problem. My unit worked fine for about two weeks and then 2 days ago starting hitting this bug. Each day since then, the problem has gotten worse. Since the problem seems to get worse over time, I'm hoping that a reboot will clean up the issue for another two weeks. I just performed the reboot, so I will let you know tomorrow if it fixes the problem.
It appears that the reboot did not fix this problem. :mad:

This happened to me last night actually. It showed south park was coming on, it even showed south park recording, but later when I went to watch it said it was The late show with Jon Stewart. It was south park when I watched it but it showed otherwise. I hope this doesn't become a common thing.

Was the Daily Show on directly before or after the episode of South Park that you recorded?

I have a feeling that the show titles are getting "stuck" in the buffer from previous recordings.

I only own an 811 but my guide has been off every now and again over the last few days and it has never happened before. I think something has been happening at dish. I have noticed it 2 or three times now.

Their guide is inaccurate to say the least. Besides.. When will the guide reflect when something is actually HD too!?! GRrrr!

Big Blue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)