Recording Cut short but shows full length timer

splat10

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2003
I have had a few recording recently only record a random length of time. When i pause the recording it shows the proper full length of time but the rcording just stops.

The latest example was recording the F1 race on Speed 150 this sunday and it stopped at 0:23 but it was scheduled to record for 3:30. There was plenty of room and i have F1 priority set very high.

It's done this on F1 before too and a few other shows that i can't recall right now.

:confused:

It's happen to be a couple times on my 622. I remember once was they reaired the pilot of USA's Burn Notice. It was on for 90 mins and I got the first 16 mins of it. Record length when pause was 90 mins but it stop after 16 mins.

so i'm not the only one. That's good (i guess). Must be a new bug. Never had it happen before a few weeks ago. Now it's also recording not new episodes on my new episode timers (mostly on Discovery???)

I have 722k and I've experienced this problem 3 times in the last two months since I switched to Dish. As a matter of fact, it happened this evening when I paused basketball game after the first half. When I resumed it skipped to the end.

I think the skip to the end happens/happened most on OTA where they messed up the signal. But some have certainly happened on movies and other continuous programs. Nothing I have found explains my 4:12AM "User 1" stop. All seem to be faults with the recorder or perhaps with the particular recorder.
-Ken

Not related

so i'm not the only one. That's good (i guess). Must be a new bug. Never had it happen before a few weeks ago. Now it's also recording not new episodes on my new episode timers (mostly on Discovery???)

The reason for this is not related to what is being talked about in this thread. It is due to the program data isn't very good for the shows in question. The date may not be set correctly in the guide info susch as it stated as N/A. In this case the DVR records it to be on the safe side.

The reason for this is not related to what is being talked about in this thread. It is due to the program data isn't very good for the shows in question. The date may not be set correctly in the guide info susch as it stated as N/A. In this case the DVR records it to be on the safe side.

Actually, no. I kow it's unrelated but you're wrong. The Info clearly shows a date and it definately doesn't say new. Thethings i'm talking about are deadliest catch and top gear especially. Those timers are usually very robust. That one doesn't really bother me but the killing a recording partway through is not good, and especially when if you pause it it shows the full length of time that it was supposed to record remaining.

This problem happened again tonight. Last 15 minutes of NBA game was cut off. Picture froze and pressing skip or FF would do nothing. I tried to replay the show and it would stop at the same spot. Timer indicated that there should be more.

Is this a problem with my receiver or there is a problem with the software?

Did it rain? This is what happens when a portion of show can not be recorded due to loss of signal. Blink and you will miss the pop up that states something along the lines of "A portion of this show cannot be recorded."

That actually happened to me for the first time last week.

I recorded the hockey game on Versus but while it showed that the three hours was recorded, it stopped approx half-way on playback and returned to the option screen like it was over.

Did it rain? This is what happens when a portion of show can not be recorded due to loss of signal. Blink and you will miss the pop up that states something along the lines of "A portion of this show cannot be recorded."
No, it didn't rain. It was a perfect evening.

I've had this problem a couple times over the last 3 years with my VIP622, never enough to worry about, but its been happening much more frequently over the last few weeks. Just this week it dropped the final 16 minutes of a movie Wednesday and screwed up both F1 practice (0:15 recorded) and qualifying(1:07 recorded). It also messed up the last F1 race (died on lap 10) two weeks ago.

In all cases the weather has been clear and there have been no interruptions in power.

I had the image stop/freeze mid-recording as viewing it and continue later in the same recording. Checked several times as it was recording and later. An old movie on Ovation 1:45 total in on 2 hour recording. It had a decent rating and will likely not be seen again for some time. This was on the better 722 recorder (non-refurb.) This was not a "User Stop" as most often seen at 4:12 AM on the other 722. Have had numerous recordings when played "skip to the end" especially on OTA channels.
-Ken

I ran into again this morning. A 2 hour movie stopped after 20 minutes. The history looks normal with the event complete by user 2 with a 2 hour duration, but under MyRecordings it's only 20 minutes long. Space is not an issue as there is almost nothing of the DVR.

Several times both of my vip722’s have had a playback problems … a movie will stop halfway and end short, while the recorded time shows it was completed for the full length of the movie.

Invariably nothing else was set to record so there have never been any conflicts with other timers. Whenever there is a signal loss it will state that during playback and the recordings will usually continue on to the end time.

I've had this problem a couple times over the last 3 years with my VIP622, never enough to worry about, but its been happening much more frequently over the last few weeks. Just this week it dropped the final 16 minutes of a movie Wednesday and screwed up both F1 practice (0:15 recorded) and qualifying(1:07 recorded). It also messed up the last F1 race (died on lap 10) two weeks ago.

In all cases the weather has been clear and there have been no interruptions in power.

when i started this thread it was becuase the F1 race got cut short. It now seems like it a program or guide related failure since you had the exact same issue with the same shows.

hmmm

Has not done it to me recently though.

Please make sure that you don't delete shows from your external hard driver while recording other shows. There might be other problems but deleting shows from your EHD while recording other shows will definitely mess-up your currently recorded shows (I was able to replicate this problem).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)