Recording events on T1 and T1 on a 522

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mrnoonan

Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
I set up my events using tuner 1's remote. You can see timer events from both tuners. When watching from tuner 1 and the timer pops, the show I am watching is interrupted and switched to the event being recorded. It is not the behavior I want. I got this unit so I can timeshift.

Tuner 2 is used very little and is left on most of the time.

The question is how can I get the 522 to record on tuner 2 when I am watching live on tuner 1?
a. set up the events using tuner 2's remote?
b. turn off tuner 2 unless it actually being used (which is very little).

[I have an HD ready TV that has POP (side by side) and have to use three remotes to start POP, swap it as the primary picture (from tuner 2) and than use Tuner 2 remote on AUX to control the TV and then switch it back when finished. My SO can't/won't deal with this!]

Please advise. Thanks. Mike

Yes, if you want it to record on Tuner 2, you must setup the timer with the Tuner 2 remote. I suppose that may change with future software updates, but that's the way it currently works.

richardn
811 & 522

Dual tuner recording

I am thinking about going from cable to Dish HD (if I can get a receiver) + 522. I wonder if I am reading these posts correctly. Plan is to have TV1 in family room and TV2 in garage (downstairs) excercise room. It sounds like it would be impossible to schedule recordings on both tuners from one location (family room). That would be VERY inconvenient.

If the preceding is correct, I see one solution I can control:

A second UHF remote at the 522 location (Family room) to control/record events on tuner 2, with a video feed from TV2 out to family room tv so I can see menus.

I do understand that once recorded, events can be viewed from either tuner.

(the real solution would be to fix the software so either remote controls either tuner)

Any ideas, comments, corrections would be appreciated.

This is my first post, have learned nearly all I know about satellite thanks to these forums

Terry

Currently you have to use either Tuner1 or Tuner2 remote to set up programs for each tuner. DISH so far hasn't offered the remotes for sale separately so you can't buy an extra UHF remote. THIS receiver has so much potential but DISH is just so bad at programming that it is little better than a 510, and in some cases not as good as a 510. Due to the fact a 510 uses the proven 50X software I think buying two 510's may be a smarter way of doing it. Get a 510 with FREE DISH then a few days later do a DVR UPGRADE promotion for $99 and I think you will be ahead.

boba said:
Get a 510 with FREE DISH then a few days later do a DVR UPGRADE promotion for $99 and I think you will be ahead.

How do I do that? I have 2 301's and 1 510 coming in this week.

boba said:
Currently you have to use either Tuner1 or Tuner2 remote to set up programs for each tuner. DISH so far hasn't offered the remotes for sale separately so you can't buy an extra UHF remote. THIS receiver has so much potential but DISH is just so bad at programming that it is little better than a 510, and in some cases not as good as a 510. Due to the fact a 510 uses the proven 50X software I think buying two 510's may be a smarter way of doing it. Get a 510 with FREE DISH then a few days later do a DVR UPGRADE promotion for $99 and I think you will be ahead.

Ouch..

Then you have to pay the additional outlet fee and TWO Video on Demand fees ($4.98 ) unless you sub to the AEP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts