Recording from a DVR 722

iklel

Jul 30, 2008
I just switched from Time Warner Cable. They have a feature called "Copy To VCR" which is a set of RCA output jacks. I had these connect to a video card in my computer so I could record and keep episodes from the Food Network, the New Yankee Workshop etc. I they service tech connected the same RCA connection to TV2 of the 722. On the computer before I start to record I get video and audio on the computer but when I start to record I loose audio. When I open the recorded file it did not save anything. I can watch the TV2 output on my computer all day but fails to record. These are not PPV movies ??????

I have never tried to record a dish stream to my computer (and I don't use a video import card anymore so I can't try) but, back when I did have a video input card in my computer I would run into something similar any time a something had MacroVision copy protection on it. (VHS/DVD/etc..). I have no clue if dish is using MacroVision or not (in fact I would highly doubt they would as I know plenty of people who record to their DVD-R that refuse to record MacroVision encoded material). Have you tried the modulated TV2 output? I know the quality is not as good, but you could at least see if that is working. It may lead to a better answer than I can give. Also, you may want to try the TV2 output to a TV or VCR and make sure that it is working correctly.

I haven't tried the modulated output yet. I think I was a little surprised when it didn't work with the RCS jacks getting the video and audio. I would also doubt that the signal is protected. I just wasn't sure if I wasn't getting something configured correctly or something doing something really stupid. Thanks for your time and input.

DHPP good or bad?

Starz VOD has no movies and is locked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts