Recording from a DVR 722

iklel

Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
I just switched from Time Warner Cable. They have a feature called "Copy To VCR" which is a set of RCA output jacks. I had these connect to a video card in my computer so I could record and keep episodes from the Food Network, the New Yankee Workshop etc. I they service tech connected the same RCA connection to TV2 of the 722. On the computer before I start to record I get video and audio on the computer but when I start to record I loose audio. When I open the recorded file it did not save anything. I can watch the TV2 output on my computer all day but fails to record. These are not PPV movies ??????

I have never tried to record a dish stream to my computer (and I don't use a video import card anymore so I can't try) but, back when I did have a video input card in my computer I would run into something similar any time a something had MacroVision copy protection on it. (VHS/DVD/etc..). I have no clue if dish is using MacroVision or not (in fact I would highly doubt they would as I know plenty of people who record to their DVD-R that refuse to record MacroVision encoded material). Have you tried the modulated TV2 output? I know the quality is not as good, but you could at least see if that is working. It may lead to a better answer than I can give. Also, you may want to try the TV2 output to a TV or VCR and make sure that it is working correctly.

I haven't tried the modulated output yet. I think I was a little surprised when it didn't work with the RCS jacks getting the video and audio. I would also doubt that the signal is protected. I just wasn't sure if I wasn't getting something configured correctly or something doing something really stupid. Thanks for your time and input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)