Status
Please reply by conversation.

RedSavina

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 19, 2005
Groton, CT
Is it possible to record a modulated signal from another source over the OTA RF input (for boxes equipped with one)? If so, I would expect to have to create manual timers. What about trick play features (i.e. buffering)?

Are there other ways to use the DVR capability to record programs from another box?

I know the Pansat 9200HD has both PVR and OTA capability; I believe there are others...

Thanks,
Red

not that I'm aware of.

Unless the receiver has both a PVR and a built in tuner, all the RF in and out does is a passthorugh.

The Pansat 9200 is not PVR capable yet but it does have a OTA tuner

Ice,

Thanks. Any idea when the 9200 will be able to take advantage of the eSata port for DVR?

Something just occurred to me. IIRC, the OTA tuner on the 9200 is ATSC-only. However, this post from you leads me to think otherwise. So I looked up some specs but they are not specific enough...

Is the OTA tuner NTSC (analog), ATSC (digital, 8VSB) or both?

Thanks!

EDIT: Above should read, "Is the OTA tuner input NTSC (analog), ATSC (digital, 8VSB) or both?"

Last edited:
The input on the 9200 is ATSC only. It will only pick up the digital channels. Here in Minneapolis we have 5 or 6 low powered translator stations (one is WUMN 13 Univision that is on G10)...the 9200 will not pick those up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)