Recording from DVR to DVD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wildcats

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
Has anyone had any luck transfering your recorded shows to dvd? If so can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Hook up the dvd recorder just like the book says for a vcr and then use the setd to vcr option. It's amazing what you can find in the DVR manual.

Well, not if it is the CRAPPY R15 manual. That thing just flat-out sucks! It is way too thin for a manual, and doesn't really go into detail enough about anything. But anyway...Yeah Connect your DVR output to your DVD Recorder Input (I strongly suggest S-Video for the best quality recording) You can choose Coaxial (Single cable, screw-in...poorest quality connection) IN-OUT, Composite (Red/White/Yellow) IN-OUT or S-Video (Single Cable, made of 5 or 6 pins to connect) IN-OUT (Once again, I strongly suggest...BEST Connection!). I store programs onto DVD all the time when I need to free up some space on my TiVo. I record via S-Video and in SP qulaity usually (SP will give you a maximum of 2 hours on one Disc) Sometimes I do use LP though, the quality is slightly worse, but still great on my DVD Recorder anyhow. (LP=3 hours, varies by Recorder though...some are 4 hours LP mode) Finalizing can be a hassle with some recorders, sometimes it will say error when you finalize the disc to make it compatible on all DVD players. I think that pretty much covers it:D :up

asousa said:
can this be done with the HR10-250?
Yes I record from from my E* and D* Hd receivers and Dvr's all the time... Get the program you want to archive ready to play, then Set your timer on your Dvd recorder for the amount of time the program is wait till the timer fires and start your dvr. I usually use Sp (2 hr mode) also.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts