Recording indicator is now amber/red

atp1313

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
Goose Creek, SC
This may be a minor design change or possibly a physical issue with the light bulb/LED behind the face of my HR20-700, but ever since I downloaded the most recent CE (0x241) anytime I am recording something, the record indicator is now amber/red and not the yellow/orange it used to be. Is this just a coincidence, or is this some sort of sign of the apocalypse that will being destroying my DVR in the days to come? :p

Yeah, it's fairly subtle, but what caught my eye was that the day after the CE download, we had a thunder bumper roll through and caused a brief power outage (5-10 seconds)...just enough to cause a power cycle. Later that day, when the first recording for the evening started, the light seemed to shine brighter and redder than I remembered it being. I immediately checked my Play List to see if everything was recording (it was) but had me worried that this is some sort of "warning" light when the drive starts to go bad or something.

I too have the amber color when recording, it's good to know it's not just me, I now feel the thing is not trying to die on me now.:eureka

It does seem to take a bit longer for the signal to get to the TV to see a picture than it use to, it use to come on right away (picture) now it takes like 5 sec. before the picture shows up on the TV.

Anyone have anything like that happen yet, it's been this way for about a month and a half now.
It's a HR20-700 and I d/l All the CE's.

Jimbo

I'm color blind when it comes to red/green/ & some yellow shades.

Unless that light changes to bright blue and strobes - I could care less :D I can't tell what color it is anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)