lost all recorded content

mobimop

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
Southwest
Okay so I had last weekends CE (09/07) and up till today everything was fine. Today none of my shows recorded more than 2 minutes of content and when I viewed live TV it would drop out (video+audio) after about 20 minutes. Change the channel and rinse and repeat.

I downloaded the National Release and let the system run untouched for awhile and it seems fine, just sat down and realized all of my recorded shows are missing and the Hard Drive is 100% free. :rant:

Is this normal when reverting back to the National Release?

I'm now left wondering if I should download tonights CE, heck I have nothing to lose.... :mad:

Any suggestions?

It is not normal, but during any reboot (which in this case was caused by changing to the national release) the hard drive is checked for data integrity. If there are corruptions it may try to repair, or it may format the drive and start clean.

Over 4-5 years of using the HR2x series, it has happened to me a couple times, once with a drive that was failing and had to be replaced shortly after, and once on a drive that was fine.

You can run a hard drive test by pressing select on the blue screen that says checking hardware, I think it is the third screen in the boot process.

Thanks good to know it's not the norm, this was the first time I ever reverted back and I wonder if the new "rover" feature is the reason? Since the NR doesn't know how to handle those recordings maybe it just blows out all of the programming?

Has anyone else reverted back to the NR with the "rover" option turned on and actual content recorded?

Thanks for the HD test, I'll run that this weekend. I was actually thinking of purchasing a 2 TB e-sata drive but still investigating the best drive.

Thanks good to know it's not the norm, this was the first time I ever reverted back and I wonder if the new "rover" feature is the reason? Since the NR doesn't know how to handle those recordings maybe it just blows out all of the programming?

Has anyone else reverted back to the NR with the "rover" option turned on and actual content recorded?

Thanks for the HD test, I'll run that this weekend. I was actually thinking of purchasing a 2 TB e-sata drive but still investigating the best drive.

If you run the test Jason mentioned, it is very long so be aware (if it's the same one I'm thinking of).

If you run the test Jason mentioned, it is very long so be aware (if it's the same one I'm thinking of).

I plan to start it when I go to bed tonight, hopefully the results will still be displayed in the morning.

***UPDATE***

Okay I stand corrected after updating to this evenings CE my shows are back!! I think my theory on "genie/rover" is correct, the NR doesn't know how to handle the recorded content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)