Recording issues with R-15 - Call DirecTV please!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joecool1964

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 9, 2005
Just this week DirecTV sent me a new R-15 due to problems with Series Link programs not recording properly. The specific problem I'm experiencing is with a local affiliate, setting up a program to record each morning, M-F, from 9-10. According to the 'to do' list, it's scheduled to record today, but then not again 'til January 2. If I actually go out to the 'guide' and scroll ahead and next week, the show is scheduled, and there is an 'R' with the small parenthesis to the right side, showing it's a series link.

According to DirecTV, they're not aware of these recording issues. I've seen numerous posts from various individuals on this and other boards stating that they have this kind of issue, as well as other issues such as repeats being recorded along with first-run, or vice versa, regardless how the Series Link is set up to record.

Folks, if DirecTV is not aware of this, let's MAKE THEM AWARE of it. I'll be getting on the phone with Tech Support shortly to discuss this with them. I don't know if this is a tuner issue, a guide issue, or what, but let's make our voices heard, if you're having this particular problem. Recording programs is the WHOLE POINT of having this unit, and we need to let DirecTV know that this is simply not acceptable.

Ok...rant concluded.

texas16309

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
May 22, 2005
Round Rock, TX
hmmm, may be the skeptic in me but I'm sure they are fully aware of the recording issues associated with the R15 but aren't willing to admit it in public. That would be like admitting the product is a failure and in doing so could impact sales. So, they “say” they are aware of any issues.

But, yes, let's keep calling so they'll fix it.

joecool1964

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 9, 2005
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)