Recording Jumps During Playback

cjdish

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2017
Asheville, NC
I have a Hopper3; Joey 2.0, and 4K Joey. When FF (fast forwarding), if I pause and then start the playback again, the time remaining jumps by about 15 min at 15X; and about 30 min at 60X. This happens going forward or backwards! I have no other issues and the "skip" function works fine! So the issue is if I'm FF and see a place where I want to stop, I miss that spot because of the recording "jumping".

I've done a lot of experimentation, and have contacted Dish Tech Support a couple of times. Originally I had the problem with the Hopper3 and with the 4k Joey. Dish sent me a new Hopper and originally it didn't seem to help, but at this point in time the Hopper3 and Joey 2 work fine; but the 4k Joey is still jumping. It doesn't happen all the time, but probably 90% of the time. The SAME recording jumps with the 4k Joey, but replays OK on the TV's connected to the Hopper and Joey 2. I've got several remotes (40.0; 52.0; and 54.0) and changing remotes doesn't help.
I've also got an External Hard Drive attached, and if I move a recording to the EXD and play it on the TV with the 4K Joey it is OK. At this point in time Dish simply says that they are referring it "up the line" to the technical team. Anyone else experience this or have any ideas??

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)