OTHER Recording limit for Visionsat IV200

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Turksat

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
New York City
Hi everyone, I have been using Visionsat IV200 PVR Plus for couple of years without any issues, it is an amazing PVR, and I recently caught the end of a very nice music program and looked up its schedule, it seems to be changing every day so I was wondering if I could just plug in a 64GB USB and let it record as long as possible before and after it's expected broadcast time?
Does IV200 have recording or USB size limit?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

500 is what I was thinking. I assume you mean a 64GB Flash Drive?? Some STB's are fine with those some don't like 'em.

Thanks for the response, I just ordered a 64GB Flash Drive and I already have a 16GB in my car, once 64 arrives I will format the 16GB and will try that. Thanks again! I just wanted to make sure it didn't have some weird limit like 4GB.

Is there any specific format I should format it before plugging it?

Depends on the bandwidth of the service being recorded. A typical 2meg SD channel is about 1gig per hour. A 128k audio service would be around 15 hours per gig.

Thanks Titanium, I had no idea, I guess I didn't even have to buy a new Flash drive!.
I am going to try to record as long as possible to see what's the max limit. I wish we could set the USB as buffer with 24 hour recording, this way about 4GB should be enough to hold/buffer last 24 hrs easily.

I set recording, daily, 24hrs, starting 00:00, channel 3298. What I love about this STB is that it blocks tuning with a warning "recording" so there is no way to change the channel, that's pretty cool actually.

However when I set this up at 8:30, it started recording but it says 00:02:32/2:29:00, is this 2:29 hour limit for each recording segment? How do I play them back when I want to?

I can't edit my post, I just wanted to let you guys know I was using universal remote but I found the original remote and noticed the "Eject" button which lists the recordings.

Depends on the bandwidth of the service being recorded. A typical 2meg SD channel is about 1gig per hour. A 128k audio service would be around 15 hours per gig.

Hi Titanium,
I am getting more like 1 GB per Hour. I am running out of 16GB USB storage with 14-15 hrs of recording, and I cannot time shift anymore. It doesn't let me record anything anymore and I checked the list, it is correct.

Maybe the VisionSat has a minimum file size dedicated to the TS. Sorry, I no longer have this model and unable to check or confirm.

Thanks, that's OK.
No, it's not TS. It's actual recording, it's almost exactly 1GB per hour.
I think I need to buy 500GB external USB hard-drive. Isn't this really weird? I think VisionSat is recording at 1080i no matter what the broadcast is.

See following please:

c247e83a9ab900208554916ed8b4eeaf.png

de7c8ba2e731e6426d7a9c6234228238.png

Visionsat is keeping 2Hours reserve for TS (roughly 2 GB) It's this broadcast:
bec2f109507b9c96c139820c9969bc01.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)