Recording OTA on the 722k

Yespage

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Ohio
I got the OTA module for the 722k. We were watching PBS OTA (we were recording the PBS program) and then the timer made the receiver pop over to ABC OTA. I didn't know why it did that. So I just went to the DVR menu, then picked to play the PBS program, FF'd to the point where we were and then watched it to the end on a tiny delay.

Which made me wonder, before, there are two tuners. You record off tuner 1 or 2. When you add the OTA tuners, I presumed that the DVR would only change the channel on the Dish tuner if you were going to record off of the Dish signal and the number 1 or 2 was noted as the recording timer.

So I think we recorded CBS for an hour, then PBS had a five minute overlap with that. Then PBS went to 11 PM and we had a program record on ABC from 10 to 11. All were recorded OTA.

So why did the channel change between PBS and ABC?

don't forget. there are 4 tuners but only 2 tvs. so if you are watching tuner 3 on tv1 and a timer is set to fire on tv1, it will change the viewing on tv1 to the tuner that is set to record which could be any 1 of the 4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)