Recording overwriting another recording?

mloebl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
MA
I've had this happen twice now so starting to think it's a bug. For one reason or another it didn't record part of a show that was broken up into two episodes for that week (not a big deal, rarely happens.) So for example episode 9 and episode 10 air the same night (both new), it only records one of them. If I do a search for the next airing, and then enable the missing one to be recorded, it will overwrite the original show. It happened a few weeks ago, and just happened with Falling Skies last night. It only recorded episode 10, so I did a search, then restored the episode 9 to be recorded. Next day I go to watch it, episode 10 is gone but episode 9 has been recorded. At first I thought it may have been my wife by accident, but she didn't use the TV at all between the times it was there and gone. Anyone else see this?

EDIT: Come to think of it, I think it was the season premier of Falling Skies that did the same thing. Ep 1 and Ep2 were back to back, it didn't record one of them and overwrote the other when I went back in and enabled it. In all cases each one had the same date but different episode numbers and descriptions.

-Mike

I've had this happen twice now so starting to think it's a bug. For one reason or another it didn't record part of a show that was broken up into two episodes for that week (not a big deal, rarely happens.) So for example episode 9 and episode 10 air the same night (both new), it only records one of them. If I do a search for the next airing, and then enable the missing one to be recorded, it will overwrite the original show. It happened a few weeks ago, and just happened with Falling Skies last night. It only recorded episode 10, so I did a search, then restored the episode 9 to be recorded. Next day I go to watch it, episode 10 is gone but episode 9 has been recorded. At first I thought it may have been my wife by accident, but she didn't use the TV at all between the times it was there and gone. Anyone else see this?

EDIT: Come to think of it, I think it was the season premier of Falling Skies that did the same thing. Ep 1 and Ep2 were back to back, it didn't record one of them and overwrote the other when I went back in and enabled it. In all cases each one had the same date but different episode numbers and descriptions.

-Mike

When you say overwrite do you mean that it is not showing in the daily schedule or that it is actually deleting a recording?

Hi Zach,

Thanks for the reply; it actually either deleted or removed the previous recording. So in this case episode 10 was on the DVR, I re-enabled episode 9 to record since it never recorded the first time (it was set to record in the middle of the night.) Next day I go to watch them, I now have episode 9 and episode 10 is no where to be seen. It was really weird. As I said I'm pretty certain it was also Falling Skies that did it last time too, so not sure if there's something weird going on the the EPG data.

-Mike

It could be related to 'Falling Skies' itself - definitely could be the program guide. I set a timer to record all of the 'Falling Skies' episodes (hope they are good - I haven't watched any yet.) But today, based on your notes, Mike, I found that I am missing episode 8. Hmm.

Mike
Can you please PM me your account information. I do not see anything about this being a Known Issue and I would like to send a Technical Problem Report. I am also going to try and recreate this with the 922 we have here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)