Recording PPV

breathe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
If I were to purchase an all day PPV event (say a movie that plays it self over and over all day) and wish to record it, do i have to hit the record button to start and stop button to stop, or can i just select it from the guide? I dont want to record all day, but i also dont want to sit and watch if i dont want to.

breathe said:
If I were to purchase an all day PPV event (say a movie that plays it self over and over all day) and wish to record it, do i have to hit the record button to start and stop button to stop, or can i just select it from the guide? I dont want to record all day, but i also dont want to sit and watch if i dont want to.

As long as it has been purchased, selecting it from the Guide to set-up the recording will work.

Ive never purchased ppv before, so bare with me...will the guide split up to show when the movie starts and ends as soon as its purchased?

breathe said:
Ive never purchased ppv before, so bare with me...will the guide split up to show when the movie starts and ends as soon as its purchased?

I've never purchased any either but since DISH says you can setup a recording of it, I assume it will show up.

In a related topic- TIVO is going to be taking away some functionality of their service by automatically deleting PPV movies after a certain amount of time has past. I can see their reasoning behind this... its called pay per VIEW.. not pay per own. I hope at least they give you a fair amount of time say 72 hours.

Being an all-day event just means you can watch it at 1pm and 3pm and 5pm and 7pm and so on and only pay for (1) of them ($3.99 or whatever...). The guide will show it repeatedly and you can choose to record any of them, whether it's the one you end up watching or one in the middle of the night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)