No signal through DP34

drev

Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
South Carolina
I installed my new 811, but I can't read the DP34. When wired direct to the dish(super 105), I get the 119 sat at 114 signal. Wired through port 1 on the switch...nothing. Any ideas?

The switch might be bad. Before you get Dish out to fix it, do a hard reset by holding the power button in until the rcvr cycles. Then do your check switch.

After that make sure 110 is in the first port on the left of your DP34, 119 in the second, and 105 on the third. The ports on the right of the switch are output to another switch.

If you have more than one rcvr, swap ports, and see if the problem moves to another rcvr. If so, than you have a problem with that port.

Well...here's what I found. The original setup had a 25' cable to the switch and 3- 25' cables to the Superdish 119, 110, 105. I removed the switch and wired the 119 direct to the receiver. (signal 114) I installed the switch inside the house using a 3' cable to the switch then out to the dish. This time the signal remained;(signal 114) Is this a power drop coming off the receiver? Now I will need to run 3- 50' cables dish to switch.

If it's not due to RG-59, it could be as simple as bad connectors.

I'd do some checking in that line before doing an aggravating switch move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)