Recording Problems

Kaceyd

Original poster
May 27, 2023
Fairbanks
I am an avid sports fan (basketball, football, softball, etc.) and anyone else having problems? First of all, it is not user friendly at all. I always have a hard time figuring out how to record a sport that records on all channels, not just one. Additionally, even when I do figure it out, some games get missed and don’t record. It is very frustrating to look forward to a game and see that it’s not recorded. This has happened to me not once, not twice, but multiple occasions. Anyone else have these problems?

I feel your pain Kaceyd. Not just you. The easy method of using 'Find' or whatever is called (too early in the morning to remember!) does a decent job, But, it misses few recordings. Being a European immigrant I watch a lot of soccer games from old continent. I know in advance which days and teams are playing on what channels. How do I know? I read European newspapers online every day.
I use 'Guide' to find them and always add more time.
Yes, it is time consuming. I'd rather spend few extra minutes and finding them for my pleasure.
Dish folks read the threads here. Hopefully, they will remind their software engineers to make improvements with future updates.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am an avid sports fan (basketball, football, softball, etc.) and anyone else having problems? First of all, it is not user friendly at all. I always have a hard time figuring out how to record a sport that records on all channels, not just one. Additionally, even when I do figure it out, some games get missed and don’t record. It is very frustrating to look forward to a game and see that it’s not recorded. This has happened to me not once, not twice, but multiple occasions. Anyone else have these problems?

Do you have an example of a time when you tried to record something that was on "all channels"? I watch a lot of soccer myself, but I record on the english channels even though they are also broadcast in spanish sometimes - is this what you're referencing?

If you can provide any specifics I can look into why they might have failed and get back to you.

Reactions: charlesrshell