Recording Questions

inazsully

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Sun City West, AZ
Question one--When I choose a Prime recorded show and click on "Save Series" and I go to the Edit Timer page it shows that the show I "saved series" is set to record new and reruns. So then I have to change every one of those shows back to "New Only". Big waste of time
Question Two-- I've had the Hopper since it's inception and if I recall correctly when it first came out and you "Saved a Series" a small s would be placed on that show so that in the future you would recognize that you had saved it and not duplicate your efforts. If I am correct then why did they stop doing that and why have they not re-incorporated that useful feature?

Question one--When I choose a Prime recorded show and click on "Save Series" and I go to the Edit Timer page it shows that the show I "saved series" is set to record new and reruns. So then I have to change every one of those shows back to "New Only". Big waste of time
Question Two-- I've had the Hopper since it's inception and if I recall correctly when it first came out and you "Saved a Series" a small s would be placed on that show so that in the future you would recognize that you had saved it and not duplicate your efforts. If I am correct then why did they stop doing that and why have they not re-incorporated that useful feature?

#1. It defaults to 'New and Reruns' if the show you click on to set the timer is a rerun. It defaults to 'New' if the show you click on is a new episode.

#2. Your guess is as good as mine. :)

Q1. All PTAT shows have already been recorded. Therefore it defaults to New & reruns. You could select the next airing from the guide or use search to find the next episode.
Q2. Not sure about the "s".

Question 3. How does one go about cancelling the saving of a series? I setup a couple of Save Series and didn't notice an option to reverse it.

Thanks,
Dave