Recording REELZ HD on a 622 (unable to playback)

Benhath

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
Central Oregon Coast
While on REELZ HD (All other channels work OK)

1. If I pause, when resumed, it jumps to live program, not from where I paused it.
2. If I attempt to back up to a previous point in the program, jumps back to live.
3. When recording a whole program, indications are normal, however when I attempt to play it back, it shows the normal duration in the listing but jumps to 000 time left, and goes into pause as if the playback had been completed.
4. REELZ SD is OK as are all other channels, only REELZ HD has this problem.

I cannot play back any program recorded on REELZ HD.

Rebooted (unplugged) twice, signal strength of 129 TP23 is 60 or better, no fluctuation.

Dish rep states that there have been no other reports, is sending me another 622. (Out of the Dish museum, ostensibly)

Can anyone test this and see if they can reproduce? I think it's strange that it would happen on one channel and be the fault of the box. It did work the last time when I was able to record the Kennedys.

Thanks
Ben

This happens on very rare occasion, a problem channel. There was one a couple of years ago. I think it was Spike during a James Bond marathon. I do remember it happened on a Saturday. It finally got corrected. I don't think there is a problem with the box. Reelz HD is on only temporarily. But I don't know how that could have anything to do with it.

EDIT: just checked it out on my 722. Exactly as you described. It's the channel. You don't need a replacement, for sure.

Last edited:
Just forwarded this to Zach (DIRT). He'll get it paid proper attention.

Don't blame this on Benhath's 622. I have a 722K and setup True Justice to record. The time showed 1:02. I went to watch it and nothing but a black screen. Advanced 30 seconds the TV went to the live mode. I tried a few minutes ago to record the current program. I went to playback the picture was frozen in a still frame. Tried it again and the same thing happened. Reelz SD will record normally. This is HD problem with the Reelz channel. Time for the Dish Tech's to figure it out. There is no issue with HDCP on this TV.

Just forwarded this to Zach (DIRT). He'll get it paid proper attention.

That's great. I had chatted with whoever ZA6 is and he sent a box since "it had not been reported before". I'll test it with the new box and probably send the new box back if it has the same problem so I don't have to re-do all my timers.

That's great. I had chatted with whoever ZA6 is and he sent a box since "it had not been reported before". I'll test it with the new box and probably send the new box back if it has the same problem so I don't have to re-do all my timers.
I would call and cancel the replacement (won't be going out today). It's NOT your box.

Just as KAB posted, this has happened before, on two channels that I remember at different times. One was Veria, the other Reelz. Apparently a third channel Spike also had the problem as KAB remembers. Has to fixed by Dish engineers on their end.
I also think a network local channel was affected by some one time also the same way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)