Recording with the Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bbailey72

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Illinois
First off, I was speaking with a DirecTV rep about this, so I'm not sure how much of this is true. He mentioned, for example, if I had the Hopper set to record the series of the The Big Bang Theory (or anything from the 4 major networks) and it recorded at 7 pm, that I wouldn't be able to watch it until the next day. Is this true? He also said something about a limit to HD recordings going at the same time. Like I'd have to record one in SD if the other tuners were recording in HD. Any idea what he was trying to tell me?

thanks

btw, I meant to post this in the Hopper Zone

Last edited:
None of that is true. You can record 3 shows in HD at the same time (up to 6 in HD during prime time). As far as viewing the recorded shows, you can start viewing one as soon as the recording begins. If you want to use the autohop feature to skip commercials automatically for you then you must wait til at least 1:00am to start viewing the show.

None of that is true. You can record 3 shows in HD at the same time (up to 6 in HD during prime time). As far as viewing the recorded shows, you can start viewing one as soon as the recording begins. If you want to use the autohop feature to skip commercials automatically for you then you must wait til at least 1:00am to start viewing the show.

I read this forum often and it was the first I heard of anything like that. I knew someone here would have correct answer. Thanks

I was talking to a Ford salesman, he said Chevy cars don't have air conditioning.

aaronwt6 said:

this is accurate. Although the 1:00am thing kind of depends on your location. For me, in the eastern standard time zone, I do not get autohop until after 4:00am. Wonder if anyone else can confirm this?

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts