recording with voom

snaggerbob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 16, 2004
Taylorville,Illinois
i have a pioneer dvd recorder with lifetime tivo. when they install my voom system wed. i understand that i will only be able to record vooms programming and not the local stations. if this is true will i be able to record the ota stations the old fashioned way thru my vcr? will i be able to split the antenna signal to feed both the voom receiver and my vcr? this is a must cause the wifie is a huge nascar fan and records every race(anything to do with dale jr) :rolleyes: the races are covered by fox and nbc. if i can then will i be able to transfer the vhs recordings to the harddrive of the pioneer recorder so she can copy them to dvd? when will the voom dvr be here?? soon i hope.

snaggerbob, you will be able to record everything you see through VOOM's STB, including all digital OTA channels, though the recording will not be HD. Just connect your vcr (or any other recorder) to s-video or composite outputs of the STB.

It is possible (though not always easy due to diplexers) to split the antenna signal to feed both the STB and your VCR. But since your VCR most likely does not have digital tuner, you will only be able to tune to analog (NTSC) channels. Not sure about your dvd recorder.