Recording

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Same thing for me. Having a replacement Hopper sent out (since I had other freezing issues before the update last night) but - the software update last night was definitetly a bad one. Has me considering getting rid of Dish altogether. We almost missed the Super Bowl since none of the Primetime Anytime recordings happened last night. No recordings this morning either.

Doesn't Dish software engineering think that a major software update on the Day/night of one of the biggest games of the entire year *might* be a bad idea??? I just don't know what to think of Dish anymore. Looking at SlingTV and other alternatives today to see what else is out there. Recording 16 things at once isn't that great when you can't even record ONE of those 16 shows...

There was no 'software update' but apparently something in the data stream for the guide and/or all the other supporting features definitely had a problem. And the timing could not have been worse, SuperBowl and all. :(

I noticed after the Super Bowl I had a problem with the system being really sluggish and slow plus had a problem getting a recording to play. I did a power button reboot and at least after that I could watch recorded stuff. The system was still very slow to respond to any remote command. I did have a timer set to record 24 Legacy and it did get screwed up due to the game going into it's time slot.
That was really bad timing having system problems after the super bowl. I needed something funny to watch to get my mind off the game so an episode of Big Bang Theory was what I needed to cheer me up.

Well it looks like search is working again, but something I have set up to record every day at 2 pm central didn't start recording until about 2:20. Also the soap opera my wife watches that records every day did not record at all at 1:00 pm (and it was a New episode.)

So my conclusion is things are still messed up. I'd recommend everyone checking as much as you can checking programs you have timers set up for and making sure they actually start up today/tonight.

Of course no problems with my 2 hopper with sling receivers. They continue to be rock solid. Another reason to not downgrade to a hopper 3.

I have the same problem.My advanced tech CSR made me go through a partial reset which took close to 1 hour . Then I had to put back in all my preferences for PTAT, closed caption, guide size, etc. Now I can only see 2 of my 3 EHDs . What a mess.

My H3 appears to working now but have a replacement on the way. Yesterday during the Super Bowl things started going south. The picture would blank out and back after a minute. All timers new, old, or deleting them was impossible.

Maybe we can give Dish a mulligan on the H3 and maybe the H4 will be our savior. My H3 experience has been trying my patience with Dish. Please get your act together.

I'm wondering why all you folks called DISH, wasted all that time and messed up your Hoppers or are getting new ones shipped when the only thing you had to do was come to satelliteguys and find out what's really going on. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
I knew there was the problem this morning but this did not satisfy my Admiral at home. It's ok, I'll restore the settings and transfer the recordings to the new unit. Also go an additional discount on the bill.

I knew there was the problem this morning but this did not satisfy my Admiral at home. It's ok, I'll restore the settings and transfer the recordings to the new unit. Also go an additional discount on the bill.
Yes, I'm trying to watch recording from last night, messed up on my H3. Also mine messed up during the Super Bowl. Bad deal.......

Still seeing occasional odd issues. Mostly looks fine but this morning my timer is set for GMA (7 - 9 AM CST) - hit watch from start and see that the timer actually started during the morning local news at 6:30 and it's set to end at 8:30 am. No idea why, as the timer on the guide shows it set to record the program at it's normal time. Program info shows 7 - 9:00 am. Schedule for this morning shows 7-9 am, Good Morning America. When I look at another show set to record this morning, from 5:00 - 7:30 am, it started at the correct time.

It's a bear not being sure things will record at the right time.

Something very weird is going on. 2 of my H3's aren't firing timers and they think that they're going to fire even though the time has passed. Can't edit timers either. Reboots haven't helped.

Same thing happening again today on 1 H3 here. Timers not firing, etc. Anybody with the problem should call or contact DISH and let them know about it. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Not sure if this is in anyway related, but this morning I noticed that none of my scheduled recordings from the last 24 hrs (give or take) have taken place. And what is really strange is that while all my timers seem to be intact, ALL of the associated "Red Dots" are gone from the program guide. So it looks like though I'm set up to record, I'm not recording anything. Geez!! (I tried the customary "reboot fixes all" LOL) This is really getting old.

ADDENDUM - When I look at the "Timers" page, and select one of these timers that I have been using almost since I've had the H3, The "Timer Schedule" (which normally shows a list of all the upcoming and available episodes) shows NOTHING, even though the programs are listed in the Guide (with no "red dot"). Something is seriously wrong - I'm just trying to determine whether this is my Hopper or a more wide-ranging issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)