Recordings being cut off

I didn't watch it last night either, but got my full recorded copy today.

another offender of program overrun is sports, but Dish has a feature to extend the recording a hour for sports events, but it wont help if the games goes way too long due to overtime (or extra innings in baseball) or weather delay if sport is played outdoors. Same thing goes for auto racing as a race can be red flagged for wrecks or a rain delay that wets the track to the point it needs to be dried off and that takes hours, but NASCAR has come up with a way to speed it up using a thing called Air Titan.

So this happened again on an episode of Castle recorded on 4/27/15 Hopper recorded only 5 minutes of the show. I checked another show I had recorded at that time, NCIS LA, and it also was only about 5 minutes long.
Any chance you have an OTA adapter hanging off this Hopper?

The recordings are aborting and that's usually a sign that the Hopper lost signal. If it had rebooted, it should have started a second recording of the last part of the show.

Any chance you have an OTA adapter hanging off this Hopper?

The recordings are aborting and that's usually a sign that the Hopper lost signal. If it had rebooted, it should have started a second recording of the last part of the show.

Nope, no OTA adapter on there. We've had cases when the signal gets lost, and a message usually pops up during the recording that part of the recording was lost, but it just skips ahead. Maybe I'll pursue a new hopper in the fall, don't watch that much tv over the summer.

I did not who or how good the Food Fighters were or why they were on the last show. I still don't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts