Recordings creating 2 instances

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
This past week, my Hopper has started to create 2 instances of some recorded programs. The first time it happened was with the Hurricane Sandy benefit concert on HBO. It shows up in a folder with the program listed twice, but only 1 recording appears to be valid. If I delete either one, it deletes both. The same thing happened again last night with Showtime Boxing and again today with New Years Eve on HBO.

Does anyone know why this is suddenly occurring and if there is any way to prevent it?

This past week, my Hopper has started to create 2 instances of some recorded programs. The first time it happened was with the Hurricane Sandy benefit concert on HBO. It shows up in a folder with the program listed twice, but only 1 recording appears to be valid. If I delete either one, it deletes both. The same thing happened again last night with Showtime Boxing and again today with New Years Eve on HBO.

Does anyone know why this is suddenly occurring and if there is any way to prevent it?

The only time that happens to me is when my receiver reboots. Ill see that one recording is like 1hour and 15 minutes while the second is thirty minutes which happens cause the recording resumes after the reboot. I've never had an issue deleting just one of them but this sounds different than what I've seen, are you setting the timers with the remote or online or on your phone?

The only time that happens to me is when my receiver reboots. Ill see that one recording is like 1hour and 15 minutes while the second is thirty minutes which happens cause the recording resumes after the reboot. I've never had an issue deleting just one of them but this sounds different than what I've seen, are you setting the timers with the remote or online or on your phone?
Yes, this is a different issue. What you described occurs when a recording gets interrupted for whatever reason and then resumes, but the issue I am having involves no interruptions. What is strange is the times that each recording shows. New Years Eve, for example, has one instance that is 2 hours 2 minutes, which is the appropriate time for a 2 hour program with 1 minute before and after. The second instance of the same recording shows 31 minutes... but why is it there? I am setting timers normally with the remote on the Hopper guide.

Yes, this is a different issue. What you described occurs when a recording gets interrupted for whatever reason and then resumes, but the issue I am having involves no interruptions. What is strange is the times that each recording shows. New Years Eve, for example, has one instance that is 2 hours 2 minutes, which is the appropriate time for a 2 hour program with 1 minute before and after. The second instance of the same recording shows 31 minutes... but why is it there? I am setting timers normally with the remote on the Hopper guide.

What show? I wonder if I can duplicate it.

I haver had a couple like that as well. I recall american horror story most recently recorded twice. One was correct, the other was short. They were seperate recordings, I could delete one without effecting the other.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

I had an indent like that Friday night. The schedule for that day shows 2 recordings, 20 minutes and 40 minutes. But only the latter showed up in my recordings.

Saturday night I had Billy the Exterminator scheduled to record and when I went to bed all three tuners were recording, two tuners were recording Billy the exterminator and the third recording something else. This Hopper is running S234 firmware which appears to have a couple of bugs, my other Hopper is running S230 firmware and has not recorded duplicate shows at the same time.

I had a number of programs about a week ago that was listed twice in my daily schedule. It show that each one was set to record on it's own tuner. I went though and deleted the dups out of the listing. So I don't know if any of them would have recorded twice or not.

Ghpr13:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)