Recordings going "bad" before they end

Modwild

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
I have a 722k. Two programs recorded in the last two days showed as being fully recorded. Before the end (one program 15 mins in, another 15 mins until the end), it stops and shows its over. Has anyone else ever had this issue? Is it something I should contact customer service (groan) about?

Thanks in advance for your input!

I have a 722k. Two programs recorded in the last two days showed as being fully recorded. Before the end (one program 15 mins in, another 15 mins until the end), it stops and shows its over. Has anyone else ever had this issue? Is it something I should contact customer service (groan) about?

Thanks in advance for your input!
Unplug for 2-3 minutes for a hard reset.

Had the same issue with a Brewers game on Wed (4/7). It was a day game and I thought I'd record it to watch at night after work. It recorded 58 minutes and stopped. Never had that happen before and was kind of puzzled as to why it happened.

I run into that once in a while with my 722k. Maybe one out of every 100 recordings or so. Not often enough for it to really bother me yet, but it has happened.

yep happened to me too yesterday's recording of supernatural my system is 2 weeks old 722k, never had that happen with my 622 which i had for about 4 yrs, maybe shouldn't have traded it in for the 722k...seems to have more weird stuff like that go on i never had problems with my 622.

Happened to me last week on my722. Show time showed 2 hrs but when it got to 27 mins left it would stop and show end of program.

Had it happen on "Bones"this week. Had to watch online to see the ending. I think it happens when I have 4 things recording at one time. I don't think that receiver can keep up with that many recordings at one time.

I have had this happen a couple of times too, but I took it as a problem with the program not starting & ending at the right time, until last night. Last night my wife & I sat down to watch Rosemary's Baby, she had never seen it, well about 5 minutes from the ending it just stop! This was recorded off of HBO. It was very frustrating. To me, it seems this is happening much more lately.
Ghpr13:mad:
Never mind...read thread listed in above post...that thread explains it.

Last edited:
I have had this happen to me once in a while as well and it makes me mad that I could not see the rest of the show just because there was a bad sport in the recording. It would say that there was an error in the signal reception or something like that but that does not mean I should miss the entire rest of the show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts