Please reply by conversation.

render1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Littleton, Colorado
I have hr2x DVRs.
Set up a favorite and made it current.
After setting up an item to autorecord the dvr will record channels that are not on my fav' list. Will also record channels I haven't subscribed to or can't get.

Is there any way to correct this?

When you setup the series link did you select the channel that you do get? The list when you search will show all channels regardless.

Not to sound uninformed, but what is a "series link" and how do I "select the channel that you do get"?

"Series Link" is when you want to "Record" the show week to week ... vs just one episode. IF you use the Guide for finding things you want to record, you'll have better luck.
If you want to record one episode, go to the guide, find the show and time and highlight it, press the "Record" button , if you want to record the series, every week, push the Record button a second time.
You can also tell it if you want to record Only NEW episodes , Repeats or ALL.

Jimbo

Also, when you go to the Search for Shows to record section and enter a title, the system will show you all channels that have that show.
You need to select the channel you receive from the list.

Maybe my original question wasn't clear enough.

For example.....I do a search using a a person then select "Autorecord", then select "Record All"

It will record from channels that are NOT included in the favorite and will also record from channels I cannot receive. The playback from channels I don't get is either a blank screen or a blank screen and "searching for authorized content" message.

Why would it record channels I can't get or from channels not on the favorite list?

Maybe my original question wasn't clear enough.

For example.....I do a search using a a person then select "Autorecord", then select "Record All"

It will record from channels that are NOT included in the favorite and will also record from channels I cannot receive. The playback from channels I don't get is either a blank screen or a blank screen and "searching for authorized content" message.

Why would it record channels I can't get or from channels not on the favorite list?

The autorecord feature is not designed just to look at channels in the favorites list. There are probably several good technical reasons for this, such as the mess that autorecord would get into if you changed your current favorites list. Autorecord is supposed to search in channels you receive. However although the "channels I get" list has improved a lot over the past few years, it still contains some channels you may not receive, the East/west coast DNS channels in particular.

Thanks.

Kind of makes sense. But it makes me wonder why they couldn't figure out how to avoid recording channels I can't get.

Thanks.

Kind of makes sense. But it makes me wonder why they couldn't figure out how to avoid recording channels I can't get.

It's not a priority ?

If you must use the search function, get your results, DON'T hit auto record, look at the found channels and see what channels were found that you get and use the guide to get to the channel that you DO get and hit "Record" ....

Jimbo

Thanks.

They haven't gotten to that yet, still working on designing the rims for this wheel on the car. I.e wasting time on bologna like widgets before basic things are finished like what you are asking for. (engine work).

Thanks all,

Guess I'll just have to wait until they decide it's important enough to fix the basics and quit adding bells and whistles.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts