Recovering an s10

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There are 2 very important steps that you need to pay attention

#1- Make sure you select or checkmark the INCLUDE BOOTLOADER box in the 1st screen.
#2- Once you browse and load your factory file , make sure the box is turn off in the rear before hitting NEXT. Then, hit next and immediatly turn ON the box in the rear. Sometimes you need to do this several times until you get the computer and the box to get SYNCRONIZE. if you make them to get syncronize just wail till the progress bar finished and your done.

as long as you don't have a red light on the receiver the 2.0.0c loader should fix.Avoid newer and older versions.
There was a bogus v2.0.0c floating around,make sure your version has the eromclient.abs that is 56k size.
The bogus version was just 2.0.0b renamed.

carlospr43 said:
There are 2 very important steps that you need to pay attention

#1- Make sure you select or checkmark the INCLUDE BOOTLOADER box in the 1st screen.
#2- Once you browse and load your factory file , make sure the box is turn off in the rear before hitting NEXT. Then, hit next and immediatly turn ON the box in the rear. Sometimes you need to do this several times until you get the computer and the box to get SYNCRONIZE. if you make them to get syncronize just wail till the progress bar finished and your done.

Doesn't matter how many times I try these steps I only get set stb: memory error

Should I get a new rs 232 cable

memory error usually means wrong version of loader or you are turning the receiver on before starting the loader.

xtgold said:
memory error usually means wrong version of loader or you are turning the receiver on before starting the loader.

The loader is from Shenzhen yojia technology co. Ltd and is 2.0.0c dated 2009-05-22 if that is not the good one please point me to the good one as all the loaders I have tried give memory error

If I were you I try a different null cable and probably a shorter one. All the ones I have and used w/out any problem are 36" (3 feet). The loader you have should work.

According to the seller the box was manufactured with original firmware but they think it's a clone so how can I tell if it original or not as it looks genuine from what I've read ?

carlospr43 said:
If I were you I try a different null cable and probably a shorter one. All the ones I have and used w/out any problem are 36" (3 feet). The loader you have should work.

Same thing with the shorter cable

I suggest you get in contact with PIXL a senior member from here which is troubleshooting different Openboxes S9 and S10 problems. He is even offering his services for free. All you need to do is make some arrangement to send your box back and forward from him. Here is a link to the thread so you can read about it and/or get in contact with him, Good Luck

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/278835-free-s-9-repair-offer.html

I suggest you get in contact with PIXL a senior member from here which is troubleshooting different Openboxes S9 and S10 problems. He is even offering his services for free. All you need to do is make some arrangement to send your box back and forward from him. Here is a link to the thread so you can read about it and/or get in contact with him, Good Luck

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/278835-free-s-9-repair-offer.html

ok thanks i pm'd pixil will see what he says

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)