Recs on who to buy from?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigpro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
Okay, I've finally made my decision. Looked online, couldn't find a local retailer in Columbia (Maryland), so (ugh) went to Best Buy. Picked up the H10 and the free (after MIR of course) DVR. We go through the process and, at the very end, tells me the first available install date is in 3 WEEKS! :shocked Is that a standard waiting period? So I tell him thanks but no thanks, he calls Directv to cancel my order-- they double check everything and tell him that while there's a CHANCE they may be able to do it sooner, they wouldn't know for several days. Worse than that, their first available date is a day I'm not available, so I'm looking at 3 1/2 to 4 weeks :yikes .
Any recs on retailers (preferably in the Columbia, MD area, but whatever is fine) that I should use to get hooked up a little sooner? August is terrible for Rabbit Ear attennae (yes, on my HDTV, thanks for asking) and I was REALLY looking forward to the Total Choice Premium during these dog days.
Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
Pro

I would contact Robert at Value Electronics (link at top of page). Not sure if they would go through the same installer or not...

Just ordered from Robert at the above named company today(forum will not let me post a link to a site yet. I am not established enough). What a pleasant experience. In fact, probably one of the most pleasant experiences I've had dealing with ANY company, period. Robert was friendly, in fact downright "laid back", he was very professional, asked all of the right questions, was efficient (answered phone himself on the 2nd ring, had me on the phone for not much longer than approx. 5 minutes).
I ordered the Hi-Def DVR H10-250 and a basic receiver for 2nd room. He told me that delivery is FREE, installation is FREE, equipment (dish, etc) is FREE, high def receiver would be $549 (better than going straight through Directv). After $100 rebate, will be $449. 5 year warranty on receiver is FREE, and a T-shirt is FREE.
Best of all, he says that an installer will most likely be at my home to install THIS FRIDAY, and will be all hooked up by the weekend!!
Thanks again, Robert. I enjoyed speaking with you, and hope to chat with you in the future...

Call Robert at VE, www.valueelectronics.com! It is a pleasure doing business with them and on top of that all he will kick you a discount.

As far as the installers, he had an installer available to me the very next day!

i ordered (r10/aug1 nfl ticket promo) last night from value electronics as well, don't know when my install date is, but it is moot till the equipment shows up, hopefully that gets sent out soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)