Red dish icon

electr0n

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 27, 2004
Austin, TX
Ever since the upgrade to 6.10 sometimes when I tune to my OTA channels I get a red dish icon. When I tune back to a satellite channel it goes green again. It only happens sometimes and doesn't seem to affect anything. Before the upgrade I never saw this behaviour. Is this a bug or something with the new OTA mapping feature?

BTW, I have a separate feed to my amplified OTA antenna with a power inserter - no diplexor's here.

Just curious.

I too have noticed the same thing when i tune to my OTA channels. I get the red dish icon and when i tune in a satellite channel it returns to green again. It happened last night.

Thanks - just wondering if I was the only one. It doesn't bother me, just seems strange.

Also yesterday morning my box was on when I had turned it off the night before. Must be ghosts... ;)

Same thing happens with me. I think that if your signal strenght drops below a certain level (there is a lot of fluctuation with OTA channels) then it will go red. But that is just a meter setting not actually what you need to get a picture, just what the box was programed to think that you need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)