Red Matter 2 released

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Red Matter 2 just released on the 18th.

For fans of Red Matter (1) this is an excellent sequel. I was on the preorder for it and it dropped to my Oculus Quest 2 yesterday. I played it for awhile and so far it is a bit easier than the first game but I haven't gotten too deep into it yet. Experience with the first one does make it easier I suppose.

Image quality is the best in the game industry. Action smoothness is really good and so far no bugs.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNRvNeM-sPU

Reactions: dfergie
I'm almost half way through this game and some things are really difficult, but it seems I have to do a lot of back tracking. I'm 3 hours into it. So far I've discovered there is only one path forward and you just have to discover that. Unlike Star Wars game that was equally fun, that has multiple paths forward.

Finished RM2 this morning and this competes with StarWars for my favorite VR Game.

13hr 22 seconds of play time. If I played it again it would require much less time because the path would be familiar and I would not be scanning every document which probably took half the play time. This is a heavy puzzle game where the clues to solve the puzzles are often hidden in the stuff you scan.

My one complaint is that there is no way to go back and repeat a chapter to play around with options. I would suggest after completing the game they have a way to re-enter the game at a particular location in the journey. I have a few things I would like to try that I missed on the first run through.

Reactions: Foxbat
I just watched one of the "walk through" videos on YT and it seems there are different paths one can take in some places to achieve the same goal. My approach was to just observe everything in a room so if I needed to acquire something in the future I could go back there and retrieve it.

I had Red Matter 1 and I would say having played that several times I became familiar with the story and how to operate the hand controls which made RM2 easier for me.

For those who are still playing games on a PC, here is a comparison video.
The Quest 2 VR version appears jerky when watched on a flat screen. This is typical for a person on the outside observing what the VR wearer is seeing, but when you are in Virtual Reality, your experience is not like that, rather more life like. The PC screen is slower and steady because it does not respond to your vision movement but rather your hand controller, mouse, and keyboard input.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwn6v8TUjI0

I went to the company's web site, Vertical Robot and saw they had a chat room so I asked them about the ability to enter the game at different chapters. In a minute their support team answered me with needing an update that has that feature you earn after completing the game. I did the update and it showed up under playing again New Game.
Not only is the game great, the creators of the game are very responsive and predicting what customers want to see to make it better.

Reactions: Foxbat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)