Red Sox Game on NESN not in HD

hperry

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
The sox are playing a makeup game right now for last night's postponement against the brewers. The game is on NESN SD but NESN HD is showing the typical "tune in for your team's games" message. What gives? I can tell NESN is broadcasting the game in HD since the SD version has the HD logo. It's bad enough we don't get NESNHD 24/7 but you'd think they could at least give us the games (even if they ARE rain out makeups).

Is there anyone I can call to fix this? Sucks because I just got in and had scheduled the game to record on NESNHD but I missed the first 3 innings. If I had known, I would have scheduled the recording on NESN SD...

I just called and they said it's not being broadcast in HD. I know that's BS but I didn't argue with the CSR, because that happens a lot with rescheduled games....

wHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS WHY THE GUY NEXT DOOR HAS CABLE AND HE GET SIMULCAST OF NESN SD AND NESN HD AND WE ONLY GET THE HD STATION WHEN THERE IS A GAME.

Dish does not have the satellite space to give each RSN a full time HD feed, so they just feed when there is an HD event on the RSN, hopefully this will change in the future.

Dish doesn't know the game was on, the guide didn't even show a game. Odds are it was a screwup.

However, this could happen for any RSN really, so they've gotta come out with a better way to deal with this crap.

Maybe they should just give us a 24/7 NESN channel... :)

Dish doesn't know the game was on, the guide didn't even show a game. Odds are it was a screwup.

However, this could happen for any RSN really, so they've gotta come out with a better way to deal with this crap.

NESN isn't 24/7 on Dish?

No suprise really- there was talk about giving RSNs with HD prgramming- other than games- full time status.

I emailed SNY about that last week for the Mets game and they apologized and would look into it because they did not realize that was occurring; I am sure it only takes a flip of a switch for rare cases like this!

That explains why. I don,t mind that to much. Really would like to get the Yankees here in Rhode Island.

Ugh.. Yankees..

I'll be at Yankees stadium for a game in July, it's kind of like going to a whorehouse and knowing everyone has the clap, but your father insists because it's your 16th birthday.

One way or another, someone's going to end up getting disappointed.

Ugh.. Yankees..

I'll be at Yankees stadium for a game in July, it's kind of like going to a whorehouse and knowing everyone has the clap, but your father insists because it's your 16th birthday.

One way or another, someone's going to end up getting disappointed.
must be a Red Sox fan

Dish probably gets the schedule of HD events in advance and programs their computers to do the channel activations/deactivations automatically (at least I hope they do not have to have someone sitting there typing them in on time). When something happens like a delayed game it probably did not get programmed in and the switch of course never happened.

Dish probably gets the schedule of HD events in advance and programs their computers to do the channel activations/deactivations automatically (at least I hope they do not have to have someone sitting there typing them in on time). When something happens like a delayed game it probably did not get programmed in and the switch of course never happened.

This really can't be the case because when they do show the sox feed on the HD channel they always turn it off EXACTLY when the game ends. Since there's no way this could be scheduled in advance, there must be someone sitting somewhere that toggles a switch when the game ends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts