Red Sox in trouble? YES..Total Collapsed of the Red Sox-They are Dead!!! See ya in'07

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
-Have lost 4 in a row to the worst team in the AL ---Tampay Bay & Kansas City.
-Closer has blown two games recently.
-Varitek in the DL indefinetly
-Nixon on the DL
-Starting Pitching after Becket & Schilling suspect
-Becket has allowed the most HR in the league
-Becket and Schilling are not automatic (high ERA)
-Lost first place and are not 3 Games behinds their lovable Yankees :D
-Fighting to the death with the White Sox and Twin for a WildCard Spot.

All this happened in a 2-3 week period....
Theres still plenty of time left in the season, what another third or there abouts.
It will be interesting :)

Jimbo

Too bad ESPN- ESPN2 doesn't show a HD game on the deuce, I'm tired of watching the Yankees and ChiSox, you would have thought they could have shown the last Tigers - Twins series as it was a big series as well...

Anyway, thanks Yankees, the White Sox pretty much had to sweep you guys in order to get back in the WC hunt after the Tigers took care of them last week.

I would rather see the Twins get in over the Chi Sox any day, but it should be good coming down to theend of the season with the Yanks and Twins and maybe the Red Sox and possibly the Chi Sox going at it.

The Tigers are in the middle of thier toughest streach of the year (teams to be played that is)

Thier August schedule is brutal, but thier hanging in there. :)

Jimbo

Nothing is over until the last days of the season. The Yanks have 5 games with Boston....in what shold be an epic battle. No matter what is going on with the two teams ....it should be a battle until the end. One thing that would concern me if I was a Boston fan though, is there inability to hold onto a lead. They really have no good closer.

vinnyv07 said:
Nothing is over until the last days of the season. The Yanks have 5 games with Boston....in what shold be an epic battle. No matter what is going on with the two teams ....it should be a battle until the end. One thing that would concern me if I was a Boston fan though, is there inability to hold onto a lead. They really have no good closer.

Some epic battle the first three games - more like David vs Goliath IMO!

let's put it this way. the Red Sox won in 2004, we took 3 games from Anahiem, 4 from the Yankees, thank you very much and 4 from St. Louis. this has never been done before. and they didn't pay $200,000,000 to do. let's face it, the Yankees have a lot of dollars to buy a series. every other team earned it with what they have. go Sox, your not dead yet. keep the faith

elgato said:
let's put it this way. the Red Sox won in 2004, we took 3 games from Anahiem, 4 from the Yankees, thank you very much and 4 from St. Louis. this has never been done before. and they didn't pay $200,000,000 to do. let's face it, the Yankees have a lot of dollars to buy a series. every other team earned it with what they have. go Sox, your not dead yet. keep the faith

Put ANY SPIN you want on it. the RedSox have the 2nd highest payroll (behind the Yankees), and they would pay more of they ever were to get a stadium that had more than 35,000 seats. To say they DIDN'T ALSO pay for it is total BS. How did they get Schilling, Pedro, Damon, Ortiz, Ramirez, and many more of their players in 2004? Talk intelligently or don't talk at all. Here is a link to the payrolls of all the teams:

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2006/04/05/baseball_payrolls_list_by_team/

Like I said, and it is true - they did win it in 2004, but please do NOT forget 1918-2003 - including 1978 when the Yankees came from 14 1/2 in August to rip their hearts out, or 2003 when Boone did the same - or Buckner in 1986 (that hurt didn't it?). I know, your team came through 1 (one) and only 1 (one) time - like I said it was only an aberration from usual. And most important right now - IS RIGHT NOW. The Sox will be playing golf in October THIS YEAR.

go red sox go Mets I love my original Fenway Park small and Friendly, not many parks like that left. I sense angry in your writing, too bad. could have had a good conversation

elgato said:
go red sox go Mets I love my original Fenway Park small and Friendly, not many parks like that left. I sense angry in your writing, too bad. could have had a good conversation

Angry? NOT a bit. Happy? YES!!! Isn't it the Yankees that are kicking butt?

We couldn't have a conversation - your post about payrolls and buying players is absolutely wrong. Where did the SOX get Manny, Ortiz, Pedro, Schilling, Damon, etc? To answer my post with a snappy (but unintelligent) reply shows this. Your team has a GREAT stadium, I didn't knock it ( I have been there and it is indeed nice). But financial facts are facts, and by ONLY seating 35,000, they give up TONS of revenue. To knock the Yankees for spending (after all they make the most money) when your team is 2nd in spending is absurd.

Not only that, but if I recall correctly (and I do), didn't the Sox TRY to sign A-Rod before the Yanks got him? So - please talk intelligently or don't get into it.

well - to answer the question and topic of this thread in one word -

YES, the RedSox are in TROUBLE!

What a great 8th 9th and 10th inning tonight!!!!!!!

I went to bed last night with Red Sox up by 2 on the 8th innning. I read the headlines this am and find out that the Yanks won. I do not know if the Sox can salvage one game but it looks like the damage has been done. This quote from Ortiz says all...

"It is not fair. Those guys (Yankees) are not playing around", David Ortiz

Oh man.... they are in trouble... 6.5 games behind the division leader and 4 behind the WC with two teams in front of them.