Reelz (238) and Ovation (274) HD coming (now launched)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The lack of GSN HD and Superstation are keeping my parents on Dish. With GSN HD added I could "move" them to get CW in HD with DirecTV and save $10 with a referral. Come on Directv!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I really want GSN in HD, too, Direct!

Also would be nice to have HUB and WE and Oxygen and FX Movies and Pivot in HD, too!

Problem will be that their programming will still be SD. Until they get the rights to broadcast HD programming of any shows they are currently showing.

I really want GSN in HD, too, Direct!

Also would be nice to have HUB and WE and Oxygen and FX Movies and Pivot in HD, too!

No kidding! I totally agree. Dish has some of those in HD, which makes me frustrated.

Another channel they could do that with would be FXM (Fox Movies), which appears to only be available in SD on Directv. I like older movies and at least TCMHD is upscaled so it looks halfway decent on a large screen TV (although many of their film transfers were done prior to HD).

Just curious, oftentimes when I see historic episodes of game shows from the 50s-90s on Youtube, it says GSN in the corner. I haven't seen anything like that on the GSN channel we get. Is this a different GSN channel we don't get, or does GSN occasionally show older things too?

I recently came over from TWC, and the only other thing I can think of that I wish they had here was part of the EPIX lineup, called "Epix Drive-In." Lots of cheesy goodness, as the name implies.

GSN airs more original programming today, but used to air mostly classics.

Sundance is another channel that needs to be updated to HD on Direct.

Reactions: ejb1980
Ughh. Just like TV Land. Thanks for clarifying.

It really sucks that classic TV is basically only on OTA subchannels. Gives extra value to the AM21 to me because I did not grow up with the oldest shows but enjoy them occasionally.

Reactions: Broe67
It really sucks that classic TV is basically only on OTA subchannels. Gives extra value to the AM21 to me because I did not grow up with the oldest shows but enjoy them occasionally.

Yup, that is the next thing I will probably be getting.:)

Their plans have apparently changed, since they aren't up as of 6:30 AM.

They could of done Sundance or FXM in HD before those channels but thats imo!! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)