Reelz (238) and Ovation (274) HD coming (now launched)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry I have not heard anything. And I have been really good at beating the other site with DIRECTV announcements lately. :D

I'm sorry, but what is AM21?

A digital tv receiver that was designed for the Genie (and possibly other Directv equipment), so you can receive local TV stations in your area and all their digital sub-stations, which you don't already receive with the dish.

edit: Search Amazon for them. I would post link but link insert function on this site is broken, it renames links to "media".

A digital tv receiver that was designed for the Genie (and possibly other Directv equipment), so you can receive local TV stations in your area and all their digital sub-stations, which you don't already receive with the dish.

edit: Search Amazon for them. I would post link but link insert function on this site is broken, it renames links to "media".

Amazon product ASIN B006DQ0QG8

Thanks.

its a tuner which allows you to get over the air channels since dtv's newer boxes don't have one built in.

I'm sorry, but what is AM21?

The AM21 is an OTA receiver that joins with your Directv receiver and together they receive OTA signals and add them to your guide. It's great for areas on the edges of DMAs and where there are lots of subchannels. And, since you can tune to the Directv feed or the OTA feed, when there are storms, the local OTA signal will still work. They can be purchased on the Directv website and from vendors.

its a tuner which allows you to get over the air channels since dtv's newer boxes don't have one built in.

It's also a device that Directv seems to have little use for. Local channel listings are rarely updated and many feel the device lacks sensitivity to clearly pickup all your locals tv networks signals.

Both Reelz HD and Ovation HD are live and going.

Been told Fusion and Longhorn in test mode on channels Ch 342 and 677

Reactions: bluegras
Thanks for the info!
Scott had already confirmed the other 2 channels were up and testing.

I saw Reelz in HD but I didn't see Ovation until I added it manually on my favorites list, It won't show in the Guide unless set to All Channels, just in case anybody didn't know.

I saw Reelz in HD but I didn't see Ovation until I added it manually on my favorites list, It won't show in the Guide unless set to All Channels, just in case anybody didn't know.
Just keying channels 238 & 274 would show HD and add it from Favorites in channel banner info, So it could show up in Guide, although you'll see the SD duplicate which you'll have to remove manually.

After having literally just fought with a csr trying to get an am21 upgrade built today I can tell you that the unit itself is 50 usd plus tax. That is available drop ship only per dtv... even though my warehouse stocks them.. go figure... on top of that the unit itself is built as a self install. So after the csr drop ships the am21 (which was said to arrive in two days) the need to go back in and build an upgrade to have an ota antenna installed which will run you 100 plus tax. My cm paid just under 160usd and I'm going out wed. To do the install.

After having literally just fought with a csr trying to get an am21 upgrade built today I can tell you that the unit itself is 50 usd plus tax. That is available drop ship only per dtv... even though my warehouse stocks them.. go figure... on top of that the unit itself is built as a self install. So after the csr drop ships the am21 (which was said to arrive in two days) the need to go back in and build an upgrade to have an ota antenna installed which will run you 100 plus tax. My cm paid just under 160usd and I'm going out wed. To do the install.

The cost of an antenna is very location dependent. You may need to spend that much, but it's possible that in an urban area an indoor set top antenna costing $40 will do the trick.

That is around what I paid for mine through Solid Signal. As for the OTA antenna setup. I figured that I probably spent around $200 on my setup in the attic.

I use Antenna's Direct DB8 for UHF, Antenna Craft's Y5713 for VHF-Hi, along with a Channel Master CM-7778 Pre-Amp. My rig is up in the attic.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)