referral rebate problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ncramer

Original poster
Dec 2, 2008
i normally don't post, but i do read a lot of threads. i just wanted to spread the word that directv are a bunch of greedy sob's. i referred two people to directv who would not have signed up had i not recommended it. when they signed up for service online, it did not prompt them for referral information. so, after one of them had the service installed he asked his technician about it, who told him to just call the customer service number to have them take care of it. well, because his service had already started they wouldn't enter the referral. his service had been active for all of 5 minutes. i found an email address online of a VP of customer and sent an email. got a reply email from the "customer advocate team" whose phone number is 866.785.5535. you get people that speak english, so please use it if you can't understand the reps in india or the phillippines or wherever they outsource to. they also refused to back credit me and my friend for the referral. they stood behind some pretty lame excuses as to why they wouldn't. a multi-billion dollar company did not want to part with $200, even though because of the referrals i gave them, it will generate $5000 in revenue for them over the life of the contract. the rep did not seem to care that by not doing the backdated referral rebate, i'm not recommending directv to anyone else, and quite to the contrary i'm going to recommend people DON'T sign up with directv. once they have the signed contract, they could care less about whether or not their customers are happy. i am extremely disappointed with directv and was wondering if others have had similar experiences or another resource to try to get the referral rebate.

I started reading your "rant" but got tired of it
interesting considering I've had 3 people I referred to D* and they didnt call the right number to do the referral. After the fact they called back in (they PM'd me to let me know) and got it fixed (I've seen them show on my bill afterwards)....

I have referred three people in the past three months to join directv. The three referrals went through without a hitch. When these three folks signed up for service, they used my account number prior to an install and they received their credit and I received mine.

If the referral process was followed and there is an issue, then I would fight the company on it. That being said, don't bash the company IF the proper instructions were not followed.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.