Refund For Dropped Channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Richfunb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Just checking before I call DirecTV, has anyone had success in requesting a refund for channels that have been dropped? I haven't had Altitude Sports Network for almost a month and DirecTV is facing a month end contract deadline with ESPN and the Sinclair Stations. I also was without 2 Nexstar Stations during that dispute.

They will send you an LCC for local ota channels, and you might get a few bucks off for a few months.

Just checking before I call DirecTV, has anyone had success in requesting a refund for channels that have been dropped? I haven't had Altitude Sports Network for almost a month and DirecTV is facing a month end contract deadline with ESPN and the Sinclair Stations. I also was without 2 Nexstar Stations during that dispute.
I would call and ask for the LCC , may not help for altitude RSN but also

The site to request refund is AT&T TV Promise - DIRECTV, DIRECTV NOW, U-verse

There's a link to sign in

During Nexstar dispute I got $10 each month , some got $20 during the CBS dispute

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

the issue is with retransmission costs , expect more of these
this is from july
Since 2010, millions of Americans have seen dark screens instead of watching their favorite channels due to more than 1,000 broadcaster-initiated blackouts. With 230 blackouts, 2019 is the worst year for TV blackouts on record.

• 230 blackouts in 2019 – Retrans Fees: $11.7B (estimated)
  • 165 blackouts in 2018 – Retrans Fees: $10.5B
  • 213 blackouts in 2017 – Retrans Fees: $9.3B
  • 104 blackouts in 2016 – Retrans Fees: $7.9 B
  • 193 blackouts in 2015 – Retrans Fees: $6.4B
  • 94 blackouts in 2014 – Retrans Fees: $4.8B
  • 119 blackouts in 2013 – Retrans Fees: $3.6B
  • 90 blackouts in 2012 – Retrans Fees: $2.4B
  • 42 blackouts in 2011 – Retrans Fees: $1.7B
  • 8 blackouts in 2010 – Retrans Fees: $1.2B
** Retrans fees in $billions based on data from SNL Kagan

One of the network CEOs recently said they expect to double the fees they collect from local affiliates over the next few years. Which means the local stations will have to keep asking for more money.

They probably know they're killing the goose but don't care as they'll get fat bonuses the next few years and when cord cutting starts really impacting those retrans fees and thus the fees get from affiliates they'll retire and leave whoever replaces them to pick up the pieces. That's the problem with paying CEOs millions of dollars, they have little incentive to care about their company's long term because it doesn't take long for them to be set for life even for an expensive private jet sort of lifestyle.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
One of the network CEOs recently said they expect to double the fees they collect from local affiliates over the next few years. Which means the local stations will have to keep asking for more money.

They probably know they're killing the goose but don't care as they'll get fat bonuses the next few years and when cord cutting starts really impacting those retrans fees and thus the fees get from affiliates they'll retire and leave whoever replaces them to pick up the pieces. That's the problem with paying CEOs millions of dollars, they have little incentive to care about their company's long term because it doesn't take long for them to be set for life even for an expensive private jet sort of lifestyle.

That's interesting considering that viewership for the Big 4 networks has been in a steady decline this decade and no end is in sight. I guess they think they can squeeze the carriers indirectly through the local affiliates to make up for lost revenue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)