Regional Fox Sports Channels - Gone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

21st Hermit

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 26, 2005
Colorado
I currently have the most basic Dish package (Essentials, $15/mo) and I'm looking to upgrade to HD. In looking over the channels in even the $100/mo super-duper package, I could find no Regional Fox Sports channels, are they gone from Dish?

It used to be Fox Sport Rocky Mtn for my area, FSRM.

Any morsels of info would be appreciated.

120+ and above gets you the regionals. IIRC dish america silver and above does as well.

Name change (Root Sports Rocky Mountain) ROOT??? and I did not understand how to run their flash tool.

As you suggested, both 120+ and Silver have Root Sports Rocky Mountain, both the same price $50. Now to figure out how they differ.

Thanks for the reply. :)

Dish Silver is mainly a HD only package. Other than religious/shopping channels the only SD channel is Cartoon West.

You get your RSN (which in your case would be Altitude and Root RM) with both...to get At120+ in HD requires auto pay and a 2 year agreement or one time $99 fee. Silver its in there. Silver also has the 4 "sport" networks (MLB Net, NFL Net, NHL Net, NBA Net)....Those are in AT200 too

channels in Silver that arent in AT120+
ANIMAL PLANET
BRAVO
CBS COLLEGE
GOLF
HD NET
HD THEATRE
LIFETIME MOVIE
LOCAL RSN
MLB NET
MSNBC
NBA TV
NFL NET
NHL NET
PALLADIA
WGN

and in 120+ not in Silver
ABC FAMILY
CD AUDIO (32 CH)
CSPAN2
DAYSTAR
DISNEY EAST
DISNEY WEST
DOCUMENTARY
E!
ESPNNEWS
ESPNU
FOXNEWS
FX
HLN
HRTV
INSP
ION
ION WEST
MTV
MTV2
NICKELODEON
NICKELODEON WEST
REELZ
TVG
TVGUIDE
TVLAND
VH1

I have the Dish +250 pack, and today I am unable to record or watch live Fox Sports Prime Ticket on channel 411. The message says I am not eligible to watch that station. This just started today. What is going on?

Iceberg,

Thank you for that detailed explanation, I don't think I would have figured out all that you provided regardless of how long I spent. Seems a no-brainier to go Silver, since I'm after HD and sports, and no commitment.

The only thing I'll miss is Robin in the morning on HLN. That's an interesting story, for some reason my antique 501 DVR got both CNN & HLN even though neither were in Essentials. My "new" (had it for 3-months) dual-tuner 522 plays by the book and I get neither. But dual-tuner is now a must, but you already know that.

Dish Silver is mainly a HD only package. Other than religious/shopping channels the only SD channel is Cartoon West.

You get your RSN (which in your case would be Altitude and Root RM) with both...to get At120+ in HD requires auto pay and a 2 year agreement or one time $99 fee. Silver its in there. Silver also has the 4 "sport" networks (MLB Net, NFL Net, NHL Net, NBA Net)....Those are in AT200 too

channels in Silver that arent in AT120+
ANIMAL PLANET
BRAVO
CBS COLLEGE
GOLF
HD NET
HD THEATRE
LIFETIME MOVIE
LOCAL RSN
MLB NET
MSNBC
NBA TV
NFL NET
NHL NET
PALLADIA
WGN

and in 120+ not in Silver
ABC FAMILY
CD AUDIO (32 CH)
CSPAN2
DAYSTAR
DISNEY EAST
DISNEY WEST
DOCUMENTARY
E!
ESPNNEWS
ESPNU
FOXNEWS
FX
HLN
HRTV
INSP
ION
ION WEST
MTV
MTV2
NICKELODEON
NICKELODEON WEST
REELZ
TVG
TVGUIDE
TVLAND
VH1

Iceberg,

Thank you for that detailed explanation, I don't think I would have figured out all that you provided regardless of how long I spent. Seems a no-brainier to go Silver, since I'm after HD and sports, and no commitment.

no problem.
I am on Welcome Pack myself and a few weeks ago kinda made up a spreadsheet of Dish America, Silver, Gold, AT120 & 200 to see what option would be the best if I changed. Here is the spreadsheet. Right now its sorted by channels in Dish America, then Silver, Gold, At120 & 200. AT120+ just adds your local RSN but channels are SD unless you get the "HD for life" options

The channels in BOLD are HD channels

I posted this in a different thread about Silver...
Funny but Dish should call silver "Dish Sports + some extra channels" because the difference in programming from Dish America to Silver is mainly sports
ANIMAL PLANET
BIG TEN NETWORK-available in Big10 markets...rest is in sports pack
BRAVO
CBS COLLEGE
GOLF

LIFETIME MOVIE
LOCAL RSN
MLB NET

MSNBC
NBA TV
NFL NET
NHL NET
WGN..they carry sports

Attachments

• dish list.xls
    24.7 KB · Views: 143
I currently have the most basic Dish package (Essentials, $15/mo) and I'm looking to upgrade to HD. In looking over the channels in even the $100/mo super-duper package, I could find no Regional Fox Sports channels, are they gone from Dish?

It used to be Fox Sport Rocky Mtn for my area, FSRM.

Any morsels of info would be appreciated.

If you go to the bottom of this list HDTV - DISH HD Channels & HD Satellite DISH - DISH Network you will see a link that says "Regional Sports Networks available in HD in your area »" that should help you find what RSN are available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)