Regional sports channels removed

I love the speculating! I think Dish has all the RSN's that they used to carry still on the satellite and just turns them on for the out of market packages. If you visit James Long's listings for the 110 satellite and 129 satellite, specifically transponder 14 on 110 and transponder 26 on 129, all the FOX RSN's have an info channel in the 25000's. For example, 25436 is on 129 TP 26, and Fox Sports North used to be channel 436 and come from 129 TP 26.

Dish would have to have them for MLB EI, Center Ice and NBA League pass so no surprise they are in the system. Altogether different contract situation.

I ended my service with Dish today. The guy I talked to at Loyalty could not have been any cooler. We had a long conversation about some of the issues and by far, he told me, the loss of regional sports - specifically the Cubs and Cards is by far the number one reason people quit. (So not billing!!). I invited him to join us here at SG's, so hopefully, he'll stop in and say hey

I ended my service with Dish today. The guy I talked to at Loyalty could not have been any cooler. We had a long conversation about some of the issues and by far, he told me, the loss of regional sports - specifically the Cubs and Cards is by far the number one reason people quit. (So not billing!!). I invited him to join us here at SG's, so hopefully, he'll stop in and say hey
What? Are you still installing DISH equipment?

Reactions: pattykay
46FCF689-F1E2-444A-9B80-76175BFBD2A3.gif

Going to streaming and the kind've streaming we don't talk about here. I took a month getting used to it before making the decision. So far, so good

If only Satellite Guys had a section of the forum where you could talk about such things.

Well, I understand why there's not.
no one gets sarcasm anymore, of course there is a part of this forum where you can posts about streaming-

no one gets sarcasm anymore, of course there is a part of this forum where you can posts about streaming-
Oh, I got it and I know there'sd a forum for streaming, but you can't talk about ALL streaming there, either

Reactions: charlesrshell
But those are the kinds of streaming that we do talk about. I thought that you were suggesting a new section for the kinds of streaming that we don't talk about. :shh (Of course, if we started talking about it, then it would no longer be the kind of streaming we don't talk about.) :p

Reactions: tanman
Oh, I got it and I know there'sd a forum for streaming, but you can't talk about ALL streaming there, either
Well that is just wrong, there are plenty of ways to save money streaming without having to resort to stealing content.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

So it really looks like there is no chance the RSN's will come back? Thats really unfortunate. Good info in the thread about Comcast coming to a deal with the RSN's. So am i to assume that if I switch to Comcast I'll be safe to watch my teams for 2 years?

I've been saying I'm going to quit for awhile.. I signed a 2 year deal last summer and was told there were no issues on the horizon "that they new about" when i re-upped..and 3 months later i lost my RSN's. I was fit to be tied and was going to switch to cable (and pay the fee) but Covid and the loss of sports kind of took care of the need to have RSNs. Now....baseball is back ...and i cant see it. Today I wake up and see my content is gone because of late payment. Yep: its late. Probably only the 1st or 2nd time in years. I've been with Dish for probably 17 out of the last 20 years. Talk to rep on chat....they have me down as being a member for 3 years. No record of all my past years. "Do you know your old account number?" they ask? Are you F**ing kidding me? THEY should have that. Been at the same address for 20 years. Anyway, maybe last straw. Payment was sent late last week so it'll be in shortly....but just the fact that they treated me like that is just really crappy.

BTW, I agree with whomever said that its almost criminal to make us pay for something we aren't receiving (RSN's), make us think your still working to get them back, and then brag about how much money you're saving in your earnings call that you dumped the RSN's.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts