Regional Sports Channels Vanish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

EasyEEE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
Mobile, AL
I have the 200 package, and had the $9 multi sport pack.

It was my assumption that the 200 has the RSN channels.

After knocking off the MutliSport, almost all of the RSN's have vanished. Even when I select All channels, most aren't listed, particularly Sun Sports on 412-12.

Since removing the MultiSport package, I have watched in market games on the alternates that are available.

But, todays Rays game is on Sun Sports, and I am unable to search for it, see it, or 99 percent of the RSN's. Only 4 actual RSN channels appear, all others are alternates.

I have reset the device, and had removed the MultiSport pack Friday.

What am I doing wrong or am I thinking wrong?

I have the original Hopper.

I see the problem. RSN based on zip code. Sigh, I never win.

Can't watch Rays on MLB.tv because they are into market ... Don't get Sun Sports, the main carrier of the Rays, because my zip code doesn't jive ...

Will occasionally get on alternate channels as I did last two nights...

Wtf.. Bleh

Trying to use DirecTV's web site to see of they give Sun sports you zip..

edit: sun sports does appear on various packages on DirecTV for my zip code, but not all. The alternates are no longer an option, when I set to record, they Rangers game is showing blacked out.

What a pain in the ass MLB is.

One team, that's all I want to watch. Can't on MLB.tv.

Can't get Dish 120 and add MultiSports.

If I get 120+, still won't have Sun Sports.

So only way to do it is have 200 and add MultiSport package.. Lame. Just for one team. And paying for all those RSN channels is lame as out of market games are blacked out. Heck, a TV show, Inside the Rays gets blacked out.

I hate Alabama...

Edit 2: what makes me really angry (at myself), when I canceled MultiSport Friday, it offered it at half price for 6 months.. I turned it down thinking I would get Sun Sports. Bleh. I guess I should have called. They don't make it eat and their game finder is a pita

Last edited:
your local market gives you SportsSouth and FS South with base package

on Directv its the same in Mobile. Sunshine Network and FS Florida require sports pack but you do get the Rays and Marlins games with the sportspack (not blacked out)

so yeah to get those on Dish you would have to re-add the sports pack

You can get multisport with 120+, according to "my programming" on Dish's site.

I believe you can also get the MultiSport package with Dish Latino Dos (which has the MLB Network). Multisport is $9/month; Dish Latino Dos is $48.99/month. However, ESPN, ESPN 2, and ESPNews is in the more expensive Dish Latino Max.

Yep, with a whole $5 savings! :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's the "entrapment" aspect that drives me batty with all these companies. I get they want and need to make money. I do.

But if they have an add on item, let me add it to any package. I know, it's the same old argument lol shrug

I'm guessing Dish isn't allowed to add multi sports to the top120 since it doesn't have the RSN's. But in principle I agree with your thought of being able to add an "add on" package to any regular package.

But what is interesting is with Directv you CAN add the sports pack to packages that do not have RSN's in it

I had Entertainment package and added it as a one month trial (they offered it to me)_
hmmmm Family Pack + Sports pack...there we go ;)

But what is interesting is with Directv you CAN add the sports pack to packages that do not have RSN's in it

I had Entertainment package and added it as a one month trial (they offered it to me)_
hmmmm Family Pack + Sports pack...there we go ;)

Were you blacked out of your local teams games on your local RSNs with just sports pack?

let me rephrase it....

I was blacked out of all out of market sports. I was able to see the Wolfies and Wild just fine. Twins hadnt started yet (I switched to Choice when the 1 month ended which was in February) ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)