Regional sports channels

Yeah, I've got a YTTV sub going just to see if we could ever move to it. Still really dislike the lack of a "true" guide, but re: this thread (we're now in Birmingham) they kept one of the two Fox Sports channels (FX South) and dropped FX Southeast. Since FX South carries all of the Braves games, I don't think many subscribers in the area will miss the one they dropped at all. It does seem like a sign that Sinclair is willing to negotiate if they're letting YTTV pick and choose who they carry. Of course, hard to imagine how Sinclair can afford to keep Fox Sports Southeast alive.

Question I have is IF the games are not being played whether Sinclair has to pay. This may be saving Sinclair from total elimination.

Seems like this would be a good time for Charlie to reach out to Sinclair. They have to be even more worried about their future than they were a month ago. Fire sale on RSN's???

Yeah, I've got a YTTV sub going just to see if we could ever move to it. Still really dislike the lack of a "true" guide, but re: this thread (we're now in Birmingham) they kept one of the two Fox Sports channels (FX South) and dropped FX Southeast. Since FX South carries all of the Braves games, I don't think many subscribers in the area will miss the one they dropped at all. It does seem like a sign that Sinclair is willing to negotiate if they're letting YTTV pick and choose who they carry. Of course, hard to imagine how Sinclair can afford to keep Fox Sports Southeast alive.
I think you have that backwards. Fox Sports Southeast carries most of the Braves games. So in Birmingham we are still out of luck for the most part.

Last year Fox Southeast carried games on weekdays and Fox South carried games on Fri, Sat, & Sun. If that’s still the case you will only get weekend games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts