Regional Sports Net, Sacramento

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jb1945

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Sacramento, California
I'm new with Dish, install about 2 weeks ago. Getting HD Bronze and locals. Dish 1000 and VIP 622. The card that came with the install lists RSNs on channels 409-438. The Dish guide on "all channels" does not list anything from 407 to about 460 or so. Should these be listed? All (?) other channels not subscribed to show here. I can understand them not being on the "all Subs" list but thought "All Channels" meant just that.

Second issue. Dish flyer states RSNs available with HD Silver. It also offers a Multi-Sport Package including 23 RSNs, 16 Fox Sport net channels, 3 Comcast Sportnet channels and others for $5.99. It is available only with HD Silver. I want the local Kings basketball games which are on a Comcast channel. So, to get this one channel will increase my bill by $15.99?

HD Silver should provide you with CSN West(409) since you are in Sacramento. The RSNs do not show in the EPG without a qualifying subscription.

There should be an HD Bronze+ the same as there is an AT60+, but I have not heard of it.

jb1945 said:
I'm new with Dish, install about 2 weeks ago. Getting HD Bronze and locals. Dish 1000 and VIP 622. The card that came with the install lists RSNs on channels 409-438. The Dish guide on "all channels" does not list anything from 407 to about 460 or so. Should these be listed? All (?) other channels not subscribed to show here. I can understand them not being on the "all Subs" list but thought "All Channels" meant just that.

No the only RSN that shows is the local one you're authorized to see. All Channels does not mean All Channels in the sense you're thinking of. It should since virtually everything else shows. The RSN's do not.

Second issue. Dish flyer states RSNs available with HD Silver. It also offers a Multi-Sport Package including 23 RSNs, 16 Fox Sport net channels, 3 Comcast Sportnet channels and others for $5.99. It is available only with HD Silver. I want the local Kings basketball games which are on a Comcast channel. So, to get this one channel will increase my bill by $15.99?

If you're in Sacramento, Sportnet should be your default RSN. If you're claimed by more than one RSN, which you might be in the are you are in, it would depend on which is your primary RSN. FSN Bay Area might claim your zipcode as primary. You might also be eligible for SportsNet but only if you subscribe to the multisport pack.

Most Dish subscriptions cover one RSN. There are exceptions such as NY and LA but by and large you get one.

Sam

Thanks for your quick replies. OK, I understand the RSNs do not show under All Channels. As to the one RSN included in most Dish subscriptions, is this only with HD Silver? If not, where would I find it?

Log into your online account and go to the local channels section of programming. It should tell you what RSN(s) are provided with the AT120, etc. in your area.

jb1945 said:
Thanks for your quick replies. OK, I understand the RSNs do not show under All Channels. As to the one RSN included in most Dish subscriptions, is this only with HD Silver? If not, where would I find it?

You can also go here and enter your address. The RSN is listed at the end of the results.

JohnH said:
You can also go here and enter your address. The RSN is listed at the end of the results.

Jb1945:

My Elk Grove (SAc DMA) zip code shows these tow RSN's

Regional Sports Network with America's Top 60 Plus and higher

Station
Fox Sports Bay Area
Comcast West

However you mentioned you wanted the Kings games. Last season those games were only available on Comcast systems. It's not been announced if the DBS companies will have them this season. I dont have the Dish network RSN so I may be wrong on this but I remember reading about it and that it was exclusive to Comcast subs

Last edited:
Wrong. The kings games are on Dish, that's the whole reason Comcast West is carried

Ok, Fox Sports Bay Area and Comcast West should be available on HD Bronze. Where, what channel number? I had Comcast last year and all Kings home games were in HD, road games in SD. I also know that the games were available on both Dish and Directv in the Sacramento area, probably in SD only. I understand HD Silver will get me more RSNs. That is more than I need. I had all the Fox Sport Nets for a while last year and found I have no interest in high school football from central Florida.

Wrong.

As has been mentioned numerous times, HD silver gives you just your RSNs, HD Bronze gets no RSNs.

The only thing that gets all RSNs is the multisport pack, so you wont be getting that

BFG said:
Wrong. The kings games are on Dish, that's the whole reason Comcast West is carried

Sorry I meant the HD games on the Comcast channel. Were Comcast Channel Kings games shown in HD on DE* or D*?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)