Regional Sports question

GroovinGarrett

Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Atlanta
I've been reading the forum for several months now and find it very informative, this is my first post here. Hopefully someone can clear up my confusion!

I currently have the following:
VIP722 receiver
Turbo HD Bronze
Atlanta DMA Locals

I don't watch a huge amount of television, so I keep my pricing to a minimum. I hooked up an antenna to my VIP722 and all of my locals are coming in strong, so I am considering dropping the Dish locals.

My question: is there a way I can receive my regional sports networks (FSN South and SportSouth) without being subscribed to a DMA local plan? I lost both channels when I switched from AT100+ to HD Bronze, and I don't know how do go about getting them back.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Something else to consider, others in the forum have said, your on-screen guide/OSG won't show the info for locals if you don't subscribe to them. So, while you can still record from the OTA locals, you would need to set manual timers. So basically you get OSG info for locals for 5.99/mo.

Something else to consider, others in the forum have said, your on-screen guide/OSG won't show the info for locals if you don't subscribe to them. So, while you can still record from the OTA locals, you would need to set manual timers. So basically you get OSG info for locals for 5.99/mo.
Plus the ability to record two shows simultaneously, one OTA and the other from the sat.

My thanks to all that replied, your insight is appreciated very much!

I ended up switching from THD Bronze to THD Silver and dropped the E*-provided locals. Both FSN South and SportSouth are included in THD Silver. I'm not at home, so I won't know until later whether the OSG info does or does not show up on the OTA locals. If not, the local paper still supplies the TV book and I can do it the old-fashioned way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)