Regional Sports

Dugan5468

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Columbiana, Ohio
Directtv commitment is up next month and Im debating on whether to switch to Dish..... Leaving due to Directv not retaining Sunday Ticket. My question is does Dish offer regional sports channels? Need to get my Pittsburgh Penguins fix on a regular basis.

What makes Dish a better option?

Dugan

• Haha
Reactions: Tampa8 and Yespage
Directtv commitment is up next month and Im debating on whether to switch to Dish..... Leaving due to Directv not retaining Sunday Ticket. My question is does Dish offer regional sports channels? Need to get my Pittsburgh Penguins fix on a regular basis.

Dugan
I don't think Dish has any regional sports networks.

Reactions: AZ.
Correct - Dish does not offer the RSNs - you won't be able to get the Pittsburgh Penguins on Dish if you live in the Penguin's market. You could get it if you live out of market on Center Ice, but Dish has no in-market RSNs.

Reactions: AZ.

Dugan
You sound like your out of market for Pittsburgh? I really enjoy Direct for that reason. I can keep my Chicago RSN on for pre and post games, and if I have the season ticket for that sport no flipping at all. I had Dish years ago it worked that way back then. The easiest way to explain the 2 is Direct is sports based and Dish movies?

Your options in-market are DirecTV, DirecTV Stream, Fubo, FIOS or Comcast.

If you're out of market, ESPN+ for $10 a month is the way to go for any game not on ESPN linear, TNT or ABC. And the Penguins are on a lot on those stations.

Dugan
Your profile lists you in Ohio, if so get ESPN+, Center Ice is included, I have it for the Red Wings but live in Florida now, games are in 1080P and Dolby Digital+ sound also.

Reactions: Tampa8